Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2011 forester x touring
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to get a feel for what you guys are using for a jack for a lifted Subaru. I also wanted to know what you guys carry for recovery. Any help would be appreciated.

·
Administrator
14,119 Posts
I use the OEM jack and a couple of 4x2s if necessary. Minimum gear is tire pump, snatch strap and rated shackles. Anything else depends on the type of tracks you intend to travel?

·
Registered
2011 forester x touring
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have purchased a few tow straps and a recovery board. I also picked up a new scissor jack I found off of OfferUp that I think will work perfectly for a lifted forester.

·
Registered
2016 Forester 2.5i 6mt
245 Posts
Take a wider piece of plywood to put under the jack & or two by fours , even a high lift jack I’ve had to use a piece of plywood, I’ve had to sacrifice the plywood before in mud, with a Scout

·
Registered
12 Posts
Do any of you have a skid plate or box for your rear diff? I have Primitive's box, and it's touted as a jack point. Nothing they sell is underbuilt, so I trust the claim, but has anyone here used it that way? I'm being swayed by some folks who are bottle jack fans, and I'm on the fence.

·
Registered
2018 Premium 2.5i 6M
207 Posts
Take a wider piece of plywood to put under the jack & or two by fours , even a high lift jack I’ve had to use a piece of plywood, I’ve had to sacrifice the plywood before in mud, with a Scout
Agreed -- wood for use in the snow where I live, in addition to helping with the lift on my car.

I keep the Subaru-supplied tow "hook", an associated D-ring, and a tow strap in the cargo cubbie holes (instead of having to dig into the spare-tire compartment).

1 - 7 of 7 Posts