Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
2011 Forester 2.5X
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for the part number of a compatible OEM Homelink-enabled mirror for a 2011 Forester X Premium. Having a tough time discerning which part will integrate with the built in wiring for this vehicle. Thank you!

· Registered
'14 Forester XT Touring
1,416 Posts
Hi, Yeah, i'm having a hard time finding it too. But from what I found is Foresters from '14 to '16 and '08
It's weird they don't have it listed for '09 to '13, odd stuff.

But, if i really wanted it i'll get the new version Part Number: H501SSG101 for $265-ish
Then just connect it myself or have some auto body shop or mechanic install it. I'm sure there is a DIY Youtube video out there installing Homelink mirrors.

· Registered
2011 Forester 2.5X
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi, Yeah, i'm having a hard time finding it too. But from what I found is Foresters from '14 to '16 and '08
It's weird they don't have it listed for '09 to '13, odd stuff.

But, if i really wanted it i'll get the new version Part Number: H501SSG101 for $265-ish
Then just connect it myself or have some auto body shop or mechanic install it. I'm sure there is a DIY Youtube video out there installing Homelink mirrors.
Cool, thanks for the response. I think I found it, its H501SXA201. It's currently a discontinued product and you can't buy from Subaru which is why its been so hard to track down.

It's on Amazon for $216 but I'm not really interested in spending that kind of money. Plenty of salvaged mirrors available on eBay for around $60. But then you only get the mirror and not the kit. Likely wouldn't be too hard to track down a wiring harness and additional mount if needed. But that then becomes a little more of a project. I may still go down that route.

In any case, I found it by going through the Subaru Online Reference website (https://techinfo.subaru.com/stis/). Choose the link on the banner that says "Online Reference", then on the next page check the box next to "Accessory Installation Guide". Then search by VIN number or select the model. This brings up every official install guide for all accessories supported by that model. The install guide for the associated mirror for the 09 -13 Foresters is here: https://techinfo.subaru.com/stis/doc/accInstallGuide/082167-h501sxa201.pdf

· Registered
2011 Forester 2.5X
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Cool, thanks for the response. I think I found it, its H501SXA201. It's currently a discontinued product and you can't buy from Subaru which is why its been so hard to track down.

It's on Amazon for $216 but I'm not really interested in spending that kind of money. Plenty of salvaged mirrors available on eBay for around $60. But then you only get the mirror and not the kit. Likely wouldn't be too hard to track down a wiring harness and additional mount if needed. But that then becomes a little more of a project. I may still go down that route.

In any case, I found it by going through the Subaru Online Reference website (https://techinfo.subaru.com/stis/). Choose the link on the banner that says "Online Reference", then on the next page check the box next to "Accessory Installation Guide". Then search by VIN number or select the model. This brings up every official install guide for all accessories supported by that model. The install guide for the associated mirror for the 09 -13 Foresters is here: https://techinfo.subaru.com/stis/doc/accInstallGuide/082167-h501sxa201.pdf
Also, I checked the part number that is cross-listed on the install guide, H501SAG100. That mirror is not discontinued and can be purchased new from Subaru. It's listed as supporting the 08 Forester. However, I'm not sure if they are in fact the same exact part. I assume since the install directions are shared for both part numbers that they will both work in a 09 -13 Forester. I'm going to continue to look into it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts