Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I have a 2011 Forester and am looking for trailer hitch bike rack recommendations. I am looking for something super easy/fast to install/remove and something where you can still open and access the trunk even with the bikes installed. I realize this probably means the rack would extend pretty far behind the car (for the trunk to swing open), or perhaps it could easily slide back for trunk access? I am very new to bike racks so apologies if this is a stupid question. I just know I don't want a roof rack, I don't want a trunk-strapped rack and I want this to be easy to use with the family.

Thank you!

Etai

·
Registered
2010 Forester 2.5x Automatic 4sp
131 Posts
I do not think it possible.
Some times I really sorry that suby do not have power windows in the hutch like many other SUV do.

·
Registered
2019 Forester Premium Lineartronic® CVT
272 Posts
Yakima offers a swing-out adapter for 2” receivers. It’s called the BackSwing.

·
Registered
2019 Forester Limited
545 Posts
Many racks tilt away from the hatch sufficiently to allow it to open. I have a 1Up rack that I'm very happy with that does this. Here.s another thread with a different brand that does the same. ('14-'18) - 2015 - OEM Hitch with Küat Sherpa

A friend has a rack with (from Thule or Yakima?) that doesn't tilt away, rather it has a hinge that pivots the rack out of the way. It's a beast to install and remove, but works well and provides compete access to the rear with no reaching around.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts