Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, first let me introduce myself. My name is Jake, Im 22, and I am quite tall at 6' 3" (190cm for those of you on metric).

So, ever since I was 16 I drove a Ford Explorer Sport trac and loved everything except the gas mileage. In Dec 2018 a distracted driver rear-ended me and totaled it. After the insurance paid out, I decided a few things. I wanted better gas mileage, and I needed4x4 or AWD. I looked at Ford Escapes, Toyota Rav 4s, and Subaru foresters as they all fit the bill. I ended up getting a 2011 Forester X Premium. I love everything about it except that the seats are uncomfortable. It puts a very odd strain towards the top of my leg, and into my thigh. It is really hard to explain but it quickly makes my muscles sore on a long drive. I was wondering if anyone else had a similar experience and if anyone knows of solutions. I have been looking at the extended brackets that are supposed to allow my seat to go back a few more inches. I think this might help, but i dont want to blindly spend $250. Im also considering just selling it. Thanks for the help in advance.

·
Registered
2006 Forester xt 5 speed
35 Posts
Are you long on the leg or proportianaye throughout? I am 6’7” and seemed not to have any problem with the seat placement in our 2009 forester x.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 3 of 3 Posts