Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 435 Posts

·
Registered
2006 WRX
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know when the 2011's will be announced or about when?

·
Registered
2018 Forester XT Touring
1,323 Posts
^^was wondering that myself. I did get an email stating that you can no longer order the 2010's as they're making room for the 11's at the factory. That was from the dealership though.. I'm thinking about waiting to buy an 11 in hopes that they've addressed some of the rattling and perhaps offering a better transmission.

·
Registered
2009 2.5X Limited 4EAT
386 Posts
Gosh, hard to believe the 2011s are ready to come out. Suddenly my 09 SH feels more like an SG. :smile:

·
Registered
2006 WRX
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
^^was wondering that myself. I did get an email stating that you can no longer order the 2010's as they're making room for the 11's at the factory. That was from the dealership though.. I'm thinking about waiting to buy an 11 in hopes that they've addressed some of the rattling and perhaps offering a better transmission.
Hopefully---Tranny (5AT or CVT), HIDs, and new wheel/tire options :woohoo:

I will be in line for one --- WRX turbo, rear seat heaters :woohoo:

NEVER!! :crazy: Diesel even in a manual

I want to trade in my wife's 2005 Civic. The transmission was toasted at 65K even though the fluid was fresh. Honda reimbursed me $1300 at least. Now I refuse to take it out of Denver. (City driving only.) I guess too much mountain driving was too hard on her 1.7L. Now I only take the 06 WRX SW to the mountains and it does fantastic, but the MPG's are around 23-25. It would be make the transition easier if the 11' Forester XT did a bit better on fuel. (The Civic does an easy 10mpgs more on 85 gas highway and city, but the $1700 in repairs buys a lot of fuel.)

So a few updates will make me bite on one.

·
tag team uSerZ
2005 Legacy GTW
304 Posts
5-ATS (as option) 5-speed standard + 265 turbo motor + sport body pieces + STI branded 18 inch wheels + SPT pack including 1-2 inch lower suspension + power and heated WRX seats + roof rail delete + larger brakes + HID + HK stereo = purchase. All must exist to be worth it, IMO. I'm done waiting for Subaru to justify such things. JUST DO IT ALREADY!

·
Registered
2009 Premium X AT
863 Posts
5-ATS (as option) 5-speed standard + 265 turbo motor + sport body pieces + STI branded 18 inch wheels + SPT pack including 1-2 inch lower suspension + power and heated WRX seats + roof rail delete + larger brakes + HID + HK stereo = purchase. All must exist to be worth it, IMO. I'm done waiting for Subaru to justify such things. JUST DO IT ALREADY!
As much as i would love to see this, i think there just isnt enough of "us" that would make it worth it for Subaru to put this in to production.... Even looking at dealerships around Maryland, Most offer the standard 2.5x and maybe have 1 or 2 xt's on their lots...

·
tag team uSerZ
2005 Legacy GTW
304 Posts
Seriously, in 2010, who wants to drop $30K on a 4 speed automatic trans with mediocre performance and cheap interior? I feel for those that did. No offense. This is why they sit on the lots.

·
Registered
2010 FXT
42 Posts
I'd love that and would trade mines in for one that but doesn't that make it the same as a WRX though...?

I could not agree to the 30k price either.. that's why I kept my packages to bare minimum, which is totally sufficient for my use and it did not get near to 30.

How about DCT for a change? :icon_rolleyes:

·
tag team uSerZ
2005 Legacy GTW
304 Posts
Yeah to the DCT! But my list contains things that are already in Subaru's parts bins and database. No need to develop anything new, just put them on and sell. Easy.

·
Registered
2010 FXT
42 Posts
I agree with you on this. They already put the Legacy's 5AT on the Impreza STi A-Line in Japan last year. Hell, put that whole drive train on our Fozzie! *Dreaming*

·
Registered
2009 Premium X AT
863 Posts
I'd love that and would trade mines in for one that but doesn't that make it the same as a WRX though...?
Its the F-WRX for the man who thinks about his family :biggrin:

But on a serious note... They should really offer one model like that as a "FSTi" or sorts... so its like... theres the economical class 2.5x (Equivalent to Standard Impreza).... those who want a lil more power with the FXT (Possibly equivalent to the WRX).... and those who want all out performance... the FSTi (Bigger brother of the STi)

·
Registered
2006 WRX
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I don't want to get our hopes up, but Shortline Subaru in Denver has "discounted" the model I want $2400 (XT) according to their website. Most are $2000+ off plus 2.9%. I don't know if this is normal, but I would guess there is pry more I could knock off IF I am ready to act.

I don't want to jump to conclusions, but it seems like some more than minor updates will be made to the Forester for 2011, otherwise this aggressive discounting would not be in place, but who knows?

·
Registered
2018 Forester XT Touring
1,323 Posts
local dealer here in the Portland, OR area is advertising just over $3,300 off sticker.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Late October?

Not sure how reliable the following website is, but it suggests that the new Forester won't be available until late October. :icon_frown:

w w w.automotive-fleet.c o m/News/Story/2010/01/Subaru-Announces-2010-Build-Out-2011-Start-up-Dates.aspx?interstitial=1

1 - 20 of 435 Posts