Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

Replacing the motor in my wife's 2011 Forester 2.5L FB25 6th Digit B, found a used one with 34k miles on it, going to be hopefully dropping it in this weekend, any special steps or things to note for start up of the engine once installed? I ask because years back when I was looking at a used Subaru Outback with a friend, we had a very experienced Subaru Mechanic with us that said he could tell the engine has been swapped and they didn't do _ (can't remember) when they restarted it and it caused the engine to have internal head gasket failure. Sadly no longer have connections to the Subi Mech or I would just ask him.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Warranty doesn't matter much, every place I was looking at the warranty was only good if installed by certified mechanic. Actually rebuild quote came back far below the cost of the used engine, I'll take a full rebuilt engine from reputable and reliable shop over a used one anyway. Only downside is 3-4 weeks to till they finish the engine

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You are talking about choosing between a used engine, or a rebuild?
Ended up going with having the Engine rebuilt instead of buying the used low millage engine. My original post was about the used engine. I didn't expect the full rebuild quote of the engine to be so low, so I was planning on buying the used engine that day, but then I got the quote for full rebuild and decided that was the way to go.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts