Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2011 X Premuim 5-speed manual
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The CEL is on in my 2011 (5-speed, with 95K). I reset it once but it came back so I had it scanned at AutoZone and it showed P2404 (Evaporative Emmission System Leak Detection Pump Sense Circuit Range/Performance), which doesn't tell me (a novice) much. Weirdly I can't find much on this code on this site (a search for P2404 comes up with zilch) and everything I google comes up very general. In case it matters, the car runs fine and the light came on the second start up after I changed the oil and added a can of Seafoam to the tank. Anyone else ever experience this? Thoughts?

It seems weird that I can't find anything about this code on the forum. Am I missing something?

Thanks!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have same issue on my 2012 (100k, 4-speed auto) more than one year. I have portable OBDII scanner and I'm reset it every time. In my observation, CEL comes on more often in cold weather, from late fall to early spring, once in 4-5 days. I have never noticed any changes in the operation of the car, so I'm keep resetting CEL and driving :D

P.S. Sorry for my bad english

1 - 4 of 4 Posts