Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2011 Subaru Forester AC stopped working.

I did a search but couldn't find anything. It is not blowing cold at all.

Can someone share anything on where I could find some good troubleshooting for the AC?

Is there anything specific to the Forester that is a known problem?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
523 Posts
Most likely low freon (caused by a leaky component) one option is to recharge it with dye and then check for leaks.

·
Registered
0 Posts
It's still blowing air though?
Most likely low freon (caused by a leaky component) one option is to recharge it with dye and then check for leaks.
This. If it's not blowing air through, blower motor.

If its blowing air but the air isn't cold. You can check to see if the A/C compressor is kicking on.
If all is well with the compressor, try a recharge kit. If it works for a while after the recharge but then starts to fade, you've got a leaky seal that needs replaced.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
This. If it's not blowing air through, blower motor.

If its blowing air but the air isn't cold. You can check to see if the A/C compressor is kicking on.
If all is well with the compressor, try a recharge kit. If it works for a while after the recharge but then starts to fade, you've got a leaky seal that needs replaced.
I will check to see if the compressor kicks on. I read that if the charge is too low the compressor will not kick on at all as a preventative measure. Does that apply with the Subaru as well?

·
Registered
13 Posts
I have been watching these AC Pro videos. Apparently they can restore the rubber in the O-rings.

I typically try to stay away from any type of product that includes a sealer but this may be an ok approach.

Has anyone used it? Is it safe to use?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
If low freon compressor won't engage. There is a pressure switch that you can bypass to check if the compressor works. O-rings on compressor, condenser and evaporator are common leak locations.
How do you bypass this pressure switch?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts