Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

First time posting here so hope I am going about this right.

I have a 2011 Forester 2.5L NA (SH) which the aircon has recently been making noises which I attribute to the clutch / clutch bearing being worn and needing to be replaced.

The aircon unit is cooling so I am thinking that the compressor is fine, so I have been looking around online to find a replacement however, it seems that the only available replacement clutches to fit AC compressor (Valeo DKV-10R) are set with the 4 groove option. There are no 6 groove options that are listed to fit the DKV-10R

I notice that there are Clutches to fit the DKV-10Z that have a 6 groove option, and I wanted to know if the clutch for a DKV-10Z would fit the DKV-10R compressor?

·
Registered
2012 SH Manual Diesel
672 Posts
Have you inspected the clutch unit to see what might be faulty? It could be dirt or debris caught behind faceplate. Or the bearing may just need repacking or replacing. A/C unit is exposed directly to heat, moisture, and debris, so the bearing is subject to harsh conditions. This is exacerbated, if the A/C is always left on (clutch constantly cycling on and off), also if the ‘over-running alternator pulley, and/or drive belt tensioner are worn (erratic drivebelt vs smooth running drivebelt).

If the bearing is dry and or gritty, but you have caught it early; its possible that a clean and regrease, may extend its services life.

You may be able to replace just the worn parts, rather than the whole clutch unit. Which may save money, and compatibility issues.

However, the part numbers look to be different specs; although, the same bearing ID is used. Need to consider electrical plug compatibility, shaft length (10R may use spacers/shims, so 10Z may fit without spacers), pulley wheel offset (will it align with drive belt), and extra 10mm dia (parasitic load, belt length, and compressor rpm range)... etc.

DKV-10R:
Number of grooves: 4PV
Wheel diameter: 100 mm
Bearing dimension: 32x47x18
Coil voltage: 12V

DKV-10Z:
Number of grooves: 6PV
Diameter of the wheel: 110 mm
Bearing dimension: 32x55x20
Coil voltage: 12V

This ‘may’ be a direct fit:

OR search for clutch kits for the OEM part numbers listed below:
Amazon.com: New DKV10R DKV-10R Car Auto AC Compressor For Subaru Forester SH Impreza Hatchback 73111-SG000 73111-SC001: Automotive

OR search for a spareparts list, like below:

If bearing is toast, you should be able to locate one, using its dimensions (best to measure the one on the car), or take it into a bearing shop. Sometimes, you can choose a known brand like SKF etc., at a more sensible price (than if you go a A/C parts shop).

1 - 2 of 2 Posts