Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2009 Forester Limited
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
MSRP: $25,247

Dealer says his best deal is $24,300. Add on Tax (6.5%), title (guessed 450), and dealer fee (695), it comes to $27,025. It's not in stock and has to shipped from somewhere else. I know the Subaru demand isn't too high in South Florida, but it seems like $947 off MSRP is lower that what other people are getting.

Any thoughts?

·
Registered
2010 2.5X Limited
38 Posts
Seems high to me...

You didn't specify, but does this have the All-weather package and what, if any accessories are included in the price?

I would think that since the 2011's should be due out soon that you could get a better price...

Not sure how many dealers you have around, but I would certainly call another dealer with that price to see if they can beat it.

FWIW I bought my 2010 2.5X Limited (w/o Nav) in November (when demand was higher) for $24,800 (plus $350 for tag/title -no sales tax in OR).

·
Registered
2009 Forester Limited
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It came with the following options...

Equipment group 7b (aero bars and splash guards)
Auto-Dim mirror
Tale Pipe Covers
Rear Bumper Covers.

He said it was the only he could find in the color I want (Newport Blue).

I'll send out some emails to other dealers and see how they compare.

·
Registered
2010 2.5X Premium
160 Posts
Yikes that's too much! I paid $21,800 for mine, came with auto dim mirror, cargo tray, rear bumper cover, luggage cover, All weather package, splash guard kit. Mine is a 5MT so I'd expect to pay about $1000 if it were a 4EAT. You need to get him down to under $23,000 especially if it doesn't have the All Weather Package. If he won't deal, try another, if not wait until the 2011's come out in a couple months and see if you can make a deal on a left over 2010.

·
Registered
2009 2.5X Premium/Manual
46 Posts
Too high. I was getting 2.5x Prem with various accessory packages for ~22,500 quotes over email, before ever setting foot on the lots. Try another dealer in your region and get a counter offer.

·
Registered
2011 Sage Green FXP 5 spd
259 Posts
However, if you want a certain color and/or manual transmission, you won't have a lot to choose from. I was picky about options, color and 5 spd, and I got exactly what I wanted. I'm going to love my Forester for the next 10 years or so.

·
Registered
2009 Forester XT 4EAT
2,265 Posts
I would keep looking around. Use some of the web based search engines like New Cars, Used Cars - Find Cars at AutoTrader.com and Used Cars, New Cars, Car Reviews, and Used Car Search - Vehix.com to locate a new one on the lot somewhere in the color you want.
Even if you find the one you want and if you have to make a weekend trip to get it, you could probably come out cheaper even with the travel costs involved...PLUS you would get to drive your new Subaru! :woohoo:

BTW, my local dealer's website shows a fully optioned 2010 X Limited with leather, Homelink Auto dim mirror, Bluetooth, All Weather Pkg, all weather mats, cargo nets, cargo tray, etc for $27,709 MSRP. That's not even their "Internet Price".

·
Registered
84 Posts
Fitzgerald Auto Malls New and Used Car Dealership Maryland - Pennsylvania - Florida - Washington DC - Virginia

This group has many dealers. One of it is Subaru & FL.
It'll give your MSRP 25,283.00 and Internet price 23,154.00 online.

MSRP: $25,247

Dealer says his best deal is $24,300. Add on Tax (6.5%), title (guessed 450), and dealer fee (695), it comes to $27,025. It's not in stock and has to shipped from somewhere else. I know the Subaru demand isn't too high in South Florida, but it seems like $947 off MSRP is lower that what other people are getting.

Any thoughts?

·
Registered
2009 Forester Limited
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for all the help. I've already recieved 2 quotes that beat my current one by over $1,300 (plus the cars have higher MSRP's). Hopefully I'll be able to get something finalized in the coming week.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts