Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2001 Forester
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

I have done a fair amount of research and think 27,200 is a fair price for a '10 XT in NJ but thought I would ask everyone what they thought so I know I am not missing anything. What do you think? Also, any opinions about color? I am looking at satin white pearl or steel gray. Thanks!

·
Registered
2009 Forester XT Limited
376 Posts
If you are a bit more specific options wise you will probably get better answers.

Does it have NAV or anything else out of the ordinary and is it the Limited model and so on? Good luck, I hope you enjoy it.

·
Registered
2009 Forester XT Limited
376 Posts
Limited or Premium, and is that an OTD price or is that prior to adding TTT and any dealer or destination fees or account for any trade in vehicle?

Pricing that vehicle from the Subaru site, the XT Premium model with those options goes for about 27470 which includes the destination fee.

If it were me, I would get your best OTD price on the vehicle you want and then call other dealers and ask them to beat the OTD price. It doesn't sound like you are being ripped off or anything but I am betting you can do a fair bit better if you find it worth the time and aggravation to try, good luck.

·
Registered
2001 Forester
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sorry...I keep forgetting all these details. That price includes destination and the extras I mentioned for the Ltd. model (I need the auto seat adjustment).

·
Registered
2001 Forester
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I am not seeing a lot of replies here...what's up? This is the most important question I've asked so far and few replies (which I do appreciate).

·
Registered
2010 Forester N/A 5spd
24 Posts
Gear get a consumer report.It will give u the rock bottom price to start nego.Its $15 about 12 pages and it tells u what to pay for all the extras.Take care and good luck.

·
Registered
2010 Forester Sport-Tech
169 Posts
You guys in the US are lucky that Subies are cheap there. Here an XT Limited goes for $35295 (plus tax, etc) !!! And our dollar is very close to yours lately.

·
Registered
2011 WRX Hatch Manual
622 Posts
for an example i paid $27367 before tax tittle and license for a 2010 xt ltd with the package 1 on it (rear cargo matt, exhaust tips, tweeters, home-link mirror) which i think they value at $899

·
Registered
2015 Forester XT Touring CVT
235 Posts
i wouldnt pay more than $600 over invoice before tax and title, unless there were no more of that specific model available.

give us the invoice price and msrp please

·
Registered
2001 Forester
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I don't have the numbers in front of me now since I left them at work but the MSRP is 29000 - 29,500. One dealer gave me an invoice of 27,132 and another 27,000 and I talked to another dealer who I would rather work with about 27,200. I don't know if the 27,000 is invoice or OTD.

I'll get back to you later with exact numbers if there are any changes. Are you supposed to ask and SEE the invoice? Also, are there any other "fees" I can expect them to throw at me that I should NOT pay, other than tav, title and registration?

Thanks!

·
Registered
2001 Forester
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Just got my CR report (thanks dolphan!) - it indicates an invoice of 27,402 (not including any accessories) and a rock bottom price of 26,547 which is determined by subtracting the dealer holdback of $855. So, it seems I can do better than 27,200 - probably should not pay more than 27,000...but 27,200 is in the ball park and I may go that high to work with a dealer I am more comfortable with.

·
Registered
2001 Forester
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Hi All,

To recap, this is for an XT Ltd. with cargo tray, cargo cover, tail pipe covers, all weather mats and mud flaps; no navigation. I just came from another dealer who showed me their invoice as 28,132 and they are quoting 27, 132 plus TTT (i.e. - including the accessories and destination). The CR rock bottom pricing report quotes ~26,777, including the accessories. 1K off invoice doesn't seem to bad to me. The only other "fee" they mentioned was the "documentation" fee of ~ $180.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'm seeing a bottom line price at consumer reports of $24,270.00 for an Ltd. Adding invoice for All Weather Floor Mats, Luggage Compartment Cover, Rear Bumper Cover, Splash Guard Kit, Vertical Cargo Net gets a price of about $25,500 w/o TT & Destination.

OTOH if I add 4% to their invoice price I get $26,425.36

Both seem low compared to what people are talking here. Am I missing something?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts