Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

First post so forgive me if this info has already been posted on another thread...

I am in the process of narrowing down my choices for a new car and when in comes to the Forester, I'm wondering if anyone can give me insights on if the Limited is worth paying more than the Premium? If I get the premium, I want the All-Weather Package.

Did anyone else struggle against these two types? If you chose the Limited over the Premium, what was your main reason?

Thanks! :icon_biggrin:

Little Simoni

·
Registered
2010 Forester
621 Posts
Hello,

First post so forgive me if this info has already been posted on another thread...

I am in the process of narrowing down my choices for a new car and when in comes to the Forester, I'm wondering if anyone can give me insights on if the Limited is worth paying more than the Premium? If I get the premium, I want the All-Weather Package.

Did anyone else struggle against these two types? If you chose the Limited over the Premium, what was your main reason?

Thanks! :icon_biggrin:

Little Simoni
I just made that very decision and bought the Prem FXT. First, I do not like leather (slippery, cold, hot, short life before cracking, static electricity), I do not like automatic climate control (I've had several...constantly having to outthink it to get the comfort right), can live without the power seat considering one driver car. With cloth you don't need heated seats at all...therefore you are mainly giving up the windshield wiper heaters (that's a new concept, so it hasn't proven itself yet).
This considered, it was an easy choice for me. $26,300 before sales tax and reg.
Bob

·
Registered
2009 Forester
35 Posts
You definitely want the cold weather package. I could NOT live without heated seats!

I've always gone with the Limited versions because I love the leather seats, despite their drawbacks. I think it makes a huge difference the quality of the interior.

A sunroof is also a nice option that comes with that trim level.

Basically it just boils down to how much you like those two options. If you do, go for the limited.

·
Registered
2010 forester
38 Posts
For simplicity's sake, I didn't want the 4 spd automatic thus ended up on the Premium version.

Also I didn't want all the extra gadgetry and whatnot that comes with the higher trim lines, and definitely didn't want leather. I'm not buying a Subaru as a luxury vehicle to show off with (for those of you who did go that route that's just my own opinion and not everyone falls in that category), that's the last thing I'm concerned with. Correct me if I'm wrong, but the Limited comes as a turbo? That said, premium fuel is suggested whereas the lower trim lines you can stick with regular.

·
Registered
2010 Forester
621 Posts
For simplicity's sake, I didn't want the 4 spd automatic thus ended up on the Premium version.

Also I didn't want all the extra gadgetry and whatnot that comes with the higher trim lines, and definitely didn't want leather. I'm not buying a Subaru as a luxury vehicle to show off with (for those of you who did go that route that's just my own opinion and not everyone falls in that category), that's the last thing I'm concerned with. Correct me if I'm wrong, but the Limited comes as a turbo? That said, premium fuel is suggested whereas the lower trim lines you can stick with regular.
Actually, the X is available as a base model, Prem, and Limited. The XT (turbo) comes in the same models....however, the built-ins are not necessarily the same for the X and the XT. They like to keep it confusing.
You do need Premium fuel with the turbo models, and you loose a few MPG, but it's darn quick, so it's just a matter of preferences and price point.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts