Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2010 Forester
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been having trouble with the drivers door taking a lot of force to close and the dealer is going to look at it Thursday.

I went bike riding today and used the key, not the fob, to lock the doors.

My question: When using the key to lock/unlock the drivers door, does that also lock/unlock the other three doors and hatch? When I finished my ride I noticed that only the drivers door was locked. Using the key will only lock/unlock the drivers door. Is this normal?

This is the first time I have used the key and not the fob on the doors and the manual is a little vague on this subject, but I can't imagine that using the key only locks/unlocks the drivers door.

·
Administrator
2007 Forester Sports XT 4EAT
39,857 Posts
The key will only lock/unlock the driver door. If the other doors are unlocked, they will stay unlocked. :smile: I assume the locking was designed this way, since the main lock/unlock is to be done with the keyless entry...fob. :wink:

The work around. With the driver door open, use the button to look the doors. Before closing the door, manually "unlock" the driver door, then close the door. From the outside, lock the driver door. Keep in mind doing this will not set the security system (alarm). If you skip the step of unlocking the driver door manually before closing it, the security system will be set & the alarm will go off if the key is used to open the door. :icon_eek:

Bobby...

['07 FSXT MODding Journal] ['03 X MODding Journal]

·
Registered
2016 Forester XT AT
1,295 Posts
... With the driver door open, use the button to look the doors. Before closing the door, manually "unlock" the driver door, then close the door. From the outside, lock the driver door. Keep in mind doing this will not set the security system (alarm). ...
I do this when I in am in places the alarm may go off due to movement, like the ferry.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts