Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2010 Forester X 2.5 Auto
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

I had a check under the hood recently to find two wires have been 'chewed' through (likely by rats!).

Can you tell me what they're for and what I can do about them? Do I need to buy a new part or get an auto electrician to reconnect them?

Thanks in advance.
IMG_1400.jpg

2017 2.5i Fozy CVT
1,283 Posts
No receiving end of those wires? Hope you put out bait and traps...
Look for the other ends of the "chew" where it might tie into a bigger harness.

·
Registered
2010 Forester X 2.5 Auto
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
To be honest, I'm not mechanically minded, I'd rather someone pointed out what it's for and what or who I need to engage with next!

·
Administrator
2007 Forester Sports XT 4EAT
38,732 Posts
@stinhambo curious... any engine issues, like a lit CEL?

I found this on the internet, small picture, but it looks like the normal routing for that cable is under the intake manifold. Perhaps the rest of the cable can be located there?

Bobby...

['07 FSXT Member Journal] ['03 X Member Journal]

Reactions: stinhambo
2017 2.5i Fozy CVT
1,283 Posts
It might be of some help if you could identify which 2.5 liter engine you have and transmission type as well as model of Forester.

·
Registered
2010 Forester X 2.5 Auto
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Registered
2010 Forester X 2.5 Auto
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well if you can spot one end of chewed wires you can spot the other end possibly.

Get a flashlight.

your local, trusted, independent Suby mechanic. Have any?
Not really, only the main dealer, I'd rather find out what the wires are for then source a part before I take it to them!

2017 2.5i Fozy CVT
1,283 Posts
forester 2010 engine harness iat sensor location...google that for images, IAT sensor, possibly, connects to wiring towards driver side.

Your pic does not show full harness on the engine.... can't see the rest of the " chew"...

There are no indepdentt shops in your (what) city?

2017 2.5i Fozy CVT
1,283 Posts

Found 10 shops besides Trinity Suby

2017 2.5i Fozy CVT
1,283 Posts
Not really, only the main dealer, I'd rather find out what the wires are for then source a part before I take it to them!
To be clear, it looks like you will need the harness repaired in that area.
Replacement might entail much more work and more $$$$.

·
Registered
non-subaru
911 Posts
I agree with a previous post that mentioned it likely is the IAT (intake air temp sensor).
If that is indeed the sensor, the harness it belongs to runs along the center line of the engine. If you look around, you'll likely find the other ends in the wiring tree (along with a rat family).

1 - 17 of 17 Posts