Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2010 non-turbo, 106k miles, timing all replaced, and throttle body cleaned, seems to be running OK but there is something odd I cannot find and don't know if it is normal. I don't recall if it did this before the throttle body was cleaned.

When I 'punch' the accelerator, not to the floor, but somewhat aggressively, there is a quick loud sucking sound and very short delay in engine RPM. Less than a second total. I cannot find where it is coming from even using a tube to my ear while someone revs the engine. The car runs fine in all other regards.

Can anyone tell me if this is normal behavior or if not where common places to look would be and how to test?

Thank you.

·
Registered
2010 Forester
126 Posts
IIRC there's a coating inside the throttle body where the valve closes and seals against. You weren't supposed to rub it away if that's the case. Also I believe throttle bodies have pieces that can be damaged etc.
But the simple thing is did you get all hoses back on and all clamps tightened?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
IIRC there's a coating inside the throttle body where the valve closes and seals against. You weren't supposed to rub it away if that's the case. Also I believe throttle bodies have pieces that can be damaged etc.
But the simple thing is did you get all hoses back on and all clamps tightened?
Yes, all the hoses are on and tight. I also did a check with some starting fluid around them to see if there was air leaking with no indications.

When I cleaned it, I removed it and use TB cleaner and a rag to clean the sides on both sides of the valve, then lightly at the edges of the valve where there was buildup. I didn't use a brush or scrubbing pad, just the rag which was a piece of bed sheet and TB cleaner spray.

The sound and delay are only when I goose the accelerator, not a normal slow increase. So it that normal?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts