Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
2007 XT Sport 5MT
24,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Now I saw a commercial last night and thought to myself, "There goes Toyota again... copying another car's design" then I remembered that Honda does that a lot too.

But here is my beef. The car in question is the 2011 Toyota Avalon, and it looks a LOT like the 2010+ Subaru Legacy. Am I crazy for seeing how much alike they are? Mostly from behind though.

2010+ Subaru Legacy:

2011 Toyota Avalon:

·
The Modfather
2019 Impreza 5dr Sport - Manual
8,063 Posts
wow you are right, look at the wheels too.

·
Registered
none none
8,844 Posts
All the new import midsize sedans look exactly the same. Even the mazda6 has the same sort of profile, although its a bit "odd" looking. At least the yota doesn't have the big fenders like the subaru.

·
Registered
2006 X Premium
438 Posts
The Subaru is a mid-size sedan and the Avalon is a mid-size yacht. Two different markets.

·
Registered
2009 Impreza OutbackSport 4EAT
387 Posts
I wouldn't be caught dead driving an Avalon. It's the Buick of Toyotas. I do like the new Legacy sedan though, looks like a real cruiser of a Subaru. I'd love to have one someday when I need a big comfortable sedan.

·
Registered
06 Forester
388 Posts
I love the new Legacy... but wouldn't drive a damn Toyota unless they gave one to me.
Why? Bad experience with the brand?

the MotorTrend issue with the sedan shootout ranked the legacy 5th out of 6 with the camry taking the top spot even though the legacy scores the highest in fuel efficiency, braking, and skid pad tests over the rest. Go figure, it is MotorTrend doing the review :shake:

·
Registered
2010 XT 4eat
604 Posts
wow they do look very simalar. Don't forget Subaru and toyota have or had some type of partnership and I believe their assembled at the same factory.

a few button in my matrix forester are the same as my matrix i use to have. The upper dash display in a new subaru are very simlar to a camery's.

·
2010 Forester XT 4EAT
1,118 Posts
I used to love the Avalons a few years back. Now it looks to me like Toyota is "cutting corners" and smoothing out the Avalon. I don't even like it anymore. Same goes with the Corola, that used to be a cool looking little car in the S trim. Now it has no character just like the Avalon.

·
Registered
Forester X
288 Posts
I love the new Legacy... but wouldn't drive a damn Toyota unless they gave one to me.
I wouldn't even drive a Toyoduh if they DID give it to me. I would certainly sell it to some poor soul though and take the cash. Whatever they're worth these days....

Yes, horrible experience(s).

No comparison between the two cars aside from the looks. One is a mid-sized all wheel drive sedan. The other is a land-barge that will either accelerate you to your death, decide not to brake, have a drive shaft shear in two, or flip going around a corner. Or say you start having major issues before 12,000 miles they will refuse to cover them under warranty, then have a service person cuss at you, then they void your warranty because the service manager took the side of the service rep, and then corporate will ignore your phone calls asking for help with the matter, and you are stuck with over $1000 worth of repairs before the 15,000 miles check-up. Ask me how I know. I have never in my life seen a company with as poor customer service as Toyota operates with. Let alone the crappy product.

God I hate Toyota. And the Avalon is probably my LEAST favorite of them all.

OK, I feel better. Blood pressure is lowering....

·
Premium Member
2013 Kia Rio Automatic
1,614 Posts
eh, when the 'new' Legacy came out I thought it looked like the 'new' Accord.... everyone is copying off of the other...

·
Premium Member
2007 XT Sport 5MT
24,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I wouldn't even drive a Toyoduh if they DID give it to me. I would certainly sell it to some poor soul though and take the cash. Whatever they're worth these days....
Hey, I never said where I'd drive it if they gave one to me...
It'd probably be a lot like the Top Gear series with the Toyota Hilux. :lol:

·
Registered
2009 Forester X Premium
3,091 Posts
I like the looks of the new Maxima for a midsize sedan.

·
Premium Member
2007 XT Sport 5MT
24,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Yeah, the Nissan's have always been great looking sedans... mostly due to being original with the design cues.

But at least it's not like the Mazda3 vs. Impreza 5-door comparison...

·
Registered
Forester X
288 Posts
The Mazda3 and the Impreza 5 door DO look a lot alike! I saw a Mazda the other day and actually said aloud to my wife, "Wow, that's a sweet WRX."

Oops.

·
The Modfather
2019 Impreza 5dr Sport - Manual
8,063 Posts
I picked up a Legacy 3.6R Limited today, yes the Forester has been sold to a local guy that will take care of it. He's as anal as I am about his cars which is good. So I'll report on the Legacy after I get more seat time. I've only driven it about 4 miles so far :)

·
Registered
Forester X
288 Posts
I picked up a Legacy 3.6R Limited today, yes the Forester has been sold to a local guy that will take care of it. He's as anal as I am about his cars which is good. So I'll report on the Legacy after I get more seat time. I've only driven it about 4 miles so far :)
:huh:

Whoa!

·
Registered
Ah crap.. I'm back with my 05 XS
8,294 Posts
Oh boy. Peaty without a Forester is just weird! :lol:

·
Premium Member
2007 XT Sport 5MT
24,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I are jealous... :icon_cry:
I want to get my GF into one of those, but nobody evey has one on the lot when I'm there. She loves the new Legacy, but I want the H6.

I look forward to hearing you review of it!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts