Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
2010 XT
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone seen the new package?
I went to the dealer yesterday and had a look, stupidly didnt take my camera!
It has a really nice new 'Sporttech' decal on the back, 17' rims which were on the turbo!
4.3 inch Pioneer nav unit and really sweet black with blue thread intertwined seats! Oh yeah and bluetooth.
Instead of waiting for the 2011's I'm going for this 1, it has everything I wanted to be on the 2011's.
I will say it would be kool if they could have added some extra speakers but with the Pioneer headunit it has a out so i will be adding a sub, amp and speakers.
Will make sure when it all done I will add some pics for you to see.

·
Registered
2018 ForesterXT Touring..
2,739 Posts
Welcome. I haven't seen one in the 'flesh' yet. I was at the dealership today, and they don't have any on the lot yet. It sounds like it is a good package deal for the money. Enjoy the new Fozzy when you pick her up.

·
Registered
2010 Forester Sport-Tech
169 Posts
modjoe23, you say the Sport-tech has "black with blue thread intertwined seats".... Is this new for the Sport-tech only? Also, according to the subaru.ca site at least, the dark interior is only available in dark gray, black, white, and silver. Can you confirm this? I ask because they do not mention the blue stitching at all, so I'm wondering if options have changed.

I haven't seen one in person yet, but my wife and I are planning to buy a Sport-tech in about a month and a half or so. Can't wait!!!

P.S. Any extra info regarding differences or general insight you can shed on the Sport-tech would be helpful and appreciated.

·
Registered
2010 XT
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Black fabric!

Yeah it says on the website that it is black premium fabric but on the dark grey colour vehicle, I had a good look inside and there is definitly blue thread intertwined with the black fabric. I think maybe they dont bother with the extra details when putting this info. Same thing with the 'grey interior' its clearly not grey and actually 'cream' coloured!
I will try and get pictures for you if they let me take them!

·
Registered
2010 Forester Sport-Tech
169 Posts
Thanks for the info, and thanks for (trying) to get some pictures of the new interior color.

P.S. Since we don't have a "thumbs up" smiley on this forum, please enjoy this bacon... :bacon: hehehe

·
Registered
2010 Forester Sport-Tech
169 Posts
Great!! Thanks for taking and posting the photos! Much appreciated.
What color is that? Looks to light to be the dark grey, but too dark for the silver....

·
Registered
2010 XT
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Colour!

It was the silver colour! Dont be fooled by the crappy pictures, the light was perfect outside its just my camera sucks!
The sales manager I spoke to was selling them like hotcakes, they got them in like 3 weeks ago and pretty much sold 1 everyday. I was asking him about the accessories for them and he was willing to give the exatras I wanted for nothing and a remote starter! I guess with them having so many, they must have at least 30, they try to get rid of them!
If you go to a dealer, do your best to get what you want from them!

·
Registered
2010 Forester Sport-Tech
169 Posts
Yeah, there are a few accessories that we'll be asking for.
Thanks for the advise.

·
Registered
2009 Premium X AT
863 Posts
Ive got the 09 premium and my black cloth seats have that blue-ish stitching on there too.

·
Registered
2010 Forester Sport-Tech
169 Posts
I was asking him about the accessories for them and he was willing to give the exatras I wanted for nothing and a remote starter! If you go to a dealer, do your best to get what you want from them!
Yup, that's our plan. Going to try for a bunch of accessories instead of trying to get the price dropped.

·
Registered
3 Posts
modjoe23

I am from Edmonton and very interested at the sport-tech too. I think the incentive of $1,000 they advertised on paper does not apply to this model. Can you share me your experience with the dealership (west or south)? Can you PM me? Thanks a lot.

·
Registered
2018 ForesterXT Touring..
2,739 Posts
modjoe23

I am from Edmonton and very interested at the sport-tech too. I think the incentive of $1,000 they advertised on paper does not apply to this model. Can you share me your experience with the dealership (west or south)? Can you PM me? Thanks a lot.
I see this is your first post. Welcome to the group:Banane35:. Happy Forester shopping:new_multi:.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hey guys,

First post here. I've just bought a new Forester SportTech last Friday! The navigation unit is a nice touch (although it doesn't pick up one of the local stations as well as the stock stereo). I use an iPhone so the USB interface is quite nice... unfortunately I cannot get the iPod controls to work at the moment... Will have to figure it out.

Just make sure that they give you the authorization code for the POI SD card though (if it is not already installed in the unit)... =)

·
Registered
2010 Forester Sport-Tech
169 Posts
Hey guys,

First post here. I've just bought a new Forester SportTech last Friday! The navigation unit is a nice touch (although it doesn't pick up one of the local stations as well as the stock stereo). I use an iPhone so the USB interface is quite nice... unfortunate I cannot get the iPod controls to work at the moment... Will have to figure it out.

Just make sure that they give you the authorization code for the POI SD card though (if it is not already installed in the unit)... =)
Welcome to the family. I'm not quite a member yet, but my wife and I are going to buy our Sport-Tech today. I'll make sure to verify that all features work when I pick up the car.
Did your dealership "forget" to activate the POI on the radio?
Subi-Nubi just got his and they "forgot" to connect the steering controls for the radio.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Welcome to the family. I'm not quite a member yet, but my wife and I are going to buy our Sport-Tech today. I'll make sure to verify that all features work when I pick up the car.
Did your dealership "forget" to activate the POI on the radio?
Subi-Nubi just got his and they "forgot" to connect the steering controls for the radio.
Yeah, they didn't put the SD card in so it was never activated. I guess it's such a new feature that they didn't realize it =)

·
Registered
2010 XT
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Pioneer HU!

Hey guys,
Thanks all for posting your comments, its been great being able to read all your comments.
For those of you who have the Sport-tech package, I was wondering if any of you had considered adding a XM Sat Radio to it. The dealership told me it wasnt possible because of the feature not being available on the HU, but when I went to Best Buy to check the same HU out they told me it was poss!

Could you try and confirm this?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey guy's I just bought this car yesterday, about the GPS, I did some research and seems like the GPS has up to 12million POI, but actually the store bought system only has 400 thousand? Just wonder when I pick it up, would I expect 12 million like in the description, or its just up to 12million

1 - 20 of 28 Posts