Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guyz,

I am new to the forum, i am planning to buy 2010 subaru forester, manual transmission, 106k miles on it. is there any common problems that i need to worry about before buying it. owner is saying that he replaced Head gasket, clutch, timing belt recently. please help me out with my decision. thanks.

·
Registered
2018 2.0 FXT-Touring CVT
2,764 Posts
Welcome to the forums. Did the owner present you with receipts (proof) for said work? How much are you planing to play for it?

·
Registered
Sahuarita, Arizona USA 2018 Forester Limited
1,654 Posts
I never had issues with my '09 or my '12. But some of them had issues with burning oil if I remember correctly.
I believe the oil consumption issues began with the introduction of the new FB engine in 2011.

My 2010 is still on the road at 218k miles and it has been very reliable. You might want to look for cracked control arm bushings.
Also, ask the mechanic if he replaced the idlers and tensioner when he replaced the timing belt.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I bought a 2010 forester with 90,100 miles for $6,400 from a used car dealer a month ago and I'm suffering with the notorious power steering problem. I changed power steering pump and the return hoses but the problem is there. I'm still on the issue. I'd check the power steering system.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts