Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2014 2.0XT CVT
3,069 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so I've been noticing some SH's come with a nice symmetrical AWD badge just under the Subaru badge on the left side. I'm guessing this is one of the only exterior differences between the 09's and 10's but haven't confirmed yet. It seems they moved the PZEV badge to the right side for the '10s and added this AWD badge. I want this badge so if anyone could confirm for me that the '10s come with it on all models I may stop by my parts guy and get a price, if anyone had a part number that would be even better.

·
Registered
2016 Forester XT AT
1,295 Posts
Is this badge in addition to or instead of the sticker on the rear glass under the wiper?

May be cool if the price is OK, at least make it more visible. But having it one side sort of messes up the "symmetrical" part :)

·
Registered
2009 Forester XT Limited
1,525 Posts
The badge is the difference between the MY09 and 10. The MY10 does not have the sticker under the wiper arm on the rear glass.

"May be cool if the price is OK, at least make it more visible. But having it one side sort of messes up the "symmetrical" part :)"

Not if it's an XT......... ; ).

jkoppee.....the badge is the same on all models from what I found. I was gonna get it but it was, IMHO, too expensive for a piece of chrome colored plastic. I think the dealer wanted $30, but I am not sure. PM me.

·
Registered
2014 2.0XT CVT
3,069 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
wow for $30 I wouldn't do it I was thinking if it was around $5 - $10 I might consider it. My parts guy is really good at getting me deals or random free little stuff so I'll check in with him. They just moved to a new bigger location around the corner so I might stop in and see him anyway.

·
Registered
2010 FXT Limited Auto
33 Posts
Did you find the badges yet? I just took them off my '10. The adhesive didnt stay on very well but they are re-usable with some double sided tape. I'll throw em in an envelope and send them your way if you want them.

·
TANSTAAFL
2010 2.5X Premium AFF 4EAT
472 Posts
The badge is the difference between the MY09 and 10. The MY10 does not have the sticker under the wiper arm on the rear glass.
Strange, my '10 has both the sticker under the rear wiper arm and the symmetrical AWD badge on the left side under 'Subaru'...the PZEV badge is on the right side under 'Forester'.

·
Premium Member
2008 Forester X Premium 5MT
8,070 Posts
Did you find the badges yet? I just took them off my '10. The adhesive didnt stay on very well but they are re-usable with some double sided tape. I'll throw em in an envelope and send them your way if you want them.
I will take them if they are up for grabs.

·
Registered
2010 Forester Sport-Tech
169 Posts
My '10 Sport-Tech only has the sticker under the rear wiper arm.

·
Registered
2018 ForesterXT Touring..
2,736 Posts
^^^yes, mine too. That AWD badge must be on US. Foresters only.

·
Registered
2010 Forester 2.5X SE
55 Posts
I have a 2010 and DO have the AWD badge that is being mentioned. I have de-badged my car and would not mind giving it away for the price of shipping. PM if you are interested.

·
Registered
2014 2.0XT CVT
3,069 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I've actually debadged my car except for the Subaru and Forester and I've been liking the cleaner look, may actually be taking off the remaining stickers as well but haven't decided yet.

·
Registered
2009 Forester A/T
1 Posts
If anyone has the AWD badge up for grabs, I would happily pay the shipping cost. I could send PayPal $$.

·
Registered
2009 Fx Premium A/T
1 Posts
I too would am interested in obtaining the AWD badge and would pay shipping plus a small fee for your time. Please let me know.

·
Registered
2017 Forester XT Touring CVT
133 Posts
I took my SymmetricalAWD badge off of my11 and ordered the sticker for my window. So much cleaner in my opinion. If someone wants my badge I will find them in my garage for a price...$10 bucks

1 - 16 of 16 Posts