Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Forester 2.0i N/A CVT
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
LS

While driving in Scotland for the last 14 days i noticed the spring coils in the rear of my Forester are a bit to weak. What spring coils could i use to make it *stiffer* in the rear ?
Thanks for your advise , please add price and make .

Wim ( Netherlands)

·
Emeritus Forum Staff
2015 Triumph Tiger XCx 1 Down. 5 Up.
5,242 Posts
King Springs from Australia possibly or get some custom made are realistically your options

·
Registered
2018 Forester 2.0i N/A CVT
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My dealer offered me some coilover from Subaru import in NL for E.199,= incl mounting them.

kind regards from NL
Wim

·
Registered
2010subaru forester X mt
24 Posts
I have a 2010 SH and need stiffer rear springs because when the car is loaded for trips it goes down too much. I know that a few companies have stronger springs but their specs don't offer the layman much info with recomendations for a spring with maybe a dual rate for over loaded weight. I use my car offroad and need all the travel I can get and still be strong enough to handle more weight. Any suggestions out there?

·
Don, King of the parts diagram
MY11 WRX STi Sedan 6MT
5,758 Posts
I have a 2010 SH and need stiffer rear springs because when the car is loaded for trips it goes down too much. I know that a few companies have stronger springs but their specs don't offer the layman much info with recomendations for a spring with maybe a dual rate for over loaded weight. I use my car offroad and need all the travel I can get and still be strong enough to handle more weight. Any suggestions out there?
From what I see, the US X model doesn't have self levelling rear suspension so that's in your favor.
Maybe best to check out/ post in the suspension and handling forum as here in Europe we have fewer options.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts