Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2010 Forester
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want my Forester to have that subaru sound. Can I just remove the resonator? Where is it? I am not sure I am looking at the right thing. I will go to a shop to do it.

·
Registered
2005 Legacy GT
3,726 Posts
Here you go: Intake silencer removal walk-through - Subaru Legacy Forums .

That's a walkthrough for 05+ Legacy GT's, but the procedure is the same for the 09'+ FXT and 08'+ WRXs. Takes a lot less time on these models as there is no need to take the wheel off or mess with the fender liner at all.

That will net you a more aggressive intake noise, but if you want the traditional subaru boxer rumble, you will have to do something with the exhaust.

·
Registered
2005 Legacy GT
3,726 Posts
no problem, in that case may want to give this a try: New Hog-zawst System!!! The sound of power! *with patented washer technology* - Subaru Legacy Forums a free way to get a bit of boxer sound. Though I wouldn't recommend it if you have an n/a car, as you are in effect, creating an exhaust leak to let out a bit of sound.

Here's a sound clip of a LGT with the resonator replaced with a straight pipe on an otherwise stock system. Sounds awful.
YouTube - Legacy GT without resonator

V.S. "Hogzawst"

YouTube - 2008 Subaru Legacy Spec B Startup, Idle, Rev sound/video clip Stage 2 w/ Hogzhaust

1 - 4 of 4 Posts