Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
MT! when starting out all is fine, but after warming up, I can pull out and turn wheels all way left or right and clunk clunk, pop pop sound likes its coming thru the floor right above rear diff!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
MT! when starting out all is fine, but after warming up, I can pull out and turn wheels all way left or right and clunk clunk, pop pop sound likes its coming thru the floor right above rear diff!
98K front axels already repla

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
MT shares frt diff and shifter center diff shared, while rear is seperate. Both got synthetic 75W 90W 6 months ago, no difference.

2017 2.5i Fozy CVT
1,283 Posts
That leaves rear axles or suspension pieces/bushings... inspectsway bar bushings, connecting links, and other pieces dununda.

·
Registered
2010 X Premium
3 Posts
2010 m/t same problem
99k miles
Fluid is good in rear dif
No shavings or chunks of metal
Clunking started 2 days ago
Sounds/feels like center of car in rear
Could the dif be the prob?
I’m asking because I’d like to have it all replaced together since I’ll go ahead and replace the cv shafts if it’s also culprit to fail

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
It's the center differential! Guarantee it! Same symptoms on my 2010 MT Forester

OTE="Partschaser, post: 7590423, member: 551006"]
2010 m/t same problem
99k miles
I’m asking because I’d like to have it all replaced together since I’ll go ahead and replace the cv shafts if it’s also culprit to fail
[/QUOTE]
Its

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
It's the center differential! Guarantee it! Same symptoms on my 2010 MT Forester

OTE="Partschaser, post: 7590423, member: 551006"]
2010 m/t same problem
99k miles
Its
[/QUOTE]
Save money on CV shafts. Its

·
Registered
2010 X Premium
3 Posts
I’ll keep all updated, and appreciate all advice given. I’m good at turning wrenches, but new to this drivetrain.
Right now my subie is in a church parking lot in Austin and it will not move under its own power. I’ll rent a trailer and carry her home so I can start the diagnostic process. I do know the passenger rear cv shaft popped out of the dif and the clip is missing. I’m waiting for my company to deliver a work truck so I can get her home and continue with life (and work).

1 - 16 of 16 Posts