Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2010 X Premium 5 Spd
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This may not be very noticable in automatic foresters but with my 5spd I get a bunch of what I will call bobble / jerking from what I feel is the rear diff moving. This occurs at slower clutch engaugement or in traffic when applying or letting off the gas.

I experienced something similar when I firrst bough my 02 WRX and was able to fix the issue with the outrigger bushing. does anybody make something similar for the 2009/2010 forester?

I have looked but the only bushing I find related to the rear diff are for the STI or WRX. Would either of these work?

Marc

·
Registered
2006 V50 T5 6spd Manual
2,510 Posts
I have to think that one from the '08+ STI or WRX would work, but you might want to check with someone more knowledgeable about the new Fozzies than I am. :smile:

·
Registered
2010 X Premium 5 Spd
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My thoughts exactly but I wanted to see if anybody had actually done it. I guess I will call Kart Boy and see what Tom says.

·
Registered
2010 X-Premium M/T
91 Posts
Were you able to find anything out on this? I have the same issue with my '10 / 5 spd M/T .... (thanks in advance!)

·
Registered
2018 2.5i Manual
1,274 Posts
I get some strange disconnected bobble in this chassis but I am not sure it is drivline related or perhaps more than this.

Both this chassis and the SG are are soft to start but the SH has an additional rubbery quality to it.

I did swift springs in both and that helps but it helped more with the SG.

Gary at Mann Engineering is working on some suspension soultions for us that will likely include the most offending bushings.

·
Registered
2010 X Premium 5 Spd
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I emailed Tom at Kart Boy and here is what he said. Based on his responce I am going to order the diff bushing inserts and the circle bushings for the wrx

Hi Marc
All the parts for the 08+ wrx's will work with the new fozzies. bushings, shifters, endlinks etc.

order away :)

tom

·
Registered
2010 X-Premium M/T
91 Posts
Has anyone out there installed the "PSRS" from Perrin on an '09 or '10 Foz? If so, comments on any improvement in feel vs. increase in NVH?

(From Perrin's web site:)

NEW ZERO Offset PSRS, no alignment needed!
Introducing the new ZERO PSRS! A small twist on a great long standing PERRIN part with many of the same benefits, but much easier installation!

Like our other PSRS designs, you get complete control of your Subarus front end. By removing the soft and sloppy rubber bushing you increase steering response while braking and accelerating. The PERRIN Performance PSRS replaces the front lower control arm mounts with a solid connection using a teflon lined sphearical bearing. Getting rid of this overly compliant bushing (AKA the Tennis Ball), gets rid of "wandering" over ruts in the road, and strange steering feedback under heaving braking and accelerating. The difference in the new ZERO model is there is NO offset to the bearing/pivot point. What this means is you get all the benefits of the solid type connection, with no need to get an alignment. This saves $100-$200 in installation cost and makes for overall install time to be cut in half. If you are looking for these benifits along with adding some additional caster to your front end, you may consider our normal PSRS for your 08+ WRX/STI or 05-09 Legacy. Read more in the Features Tab.

Perrin Performance - Anti-Lift Kit / PSRS / ALK Zero Deg.

·
Registered
2010 X Premium 5 Spd
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
OK, so I ordered and installed the following bushing inserts:

- 2008 Impreza Kartboy rear subframe bushings (This is the same as the Perrin SLS) Install Instructions -> Perrin Performance - Subframe Lockdown System (SLS)

- Whitline 2008 Impreza rear diff mount and rear diff saddle inserts (KCA398)
Install Instructions -> How To: 2008 Whiteline Rear diff bushing install - Subaru Impreza WRX STI Forums: IWSTI.com

Both can be found from various vendors under the 08+ Impreza WRX catagory. The install was a bit of a pain more so because of working under the car on ramps did not allow enough room to use a long breaker bar. There were a few bolts that my impact gun would not remove so I had to use the jack handle to gain enough leverage to break them loose.

The bushings made a significant difference in reducing the bobble felt. There is still a bit left , probably from other mounts, but the result of installing these inserts has made a new car out of my Foz. I would recomend doing this update on any forester especially the 5spd equipped.

Marc

Next install is all the shifter bushings and short throw from Kart Boy.

·
Registered
2010 X-Premium M/T
91 Posts
Thanks for the update / info ... ! Looks like there is now another project on the board for me to take on!

·
Registered
2018 2.5i Manual
1,274 Posts
Yes thanks. No doubt both of these will help even the 4EAT guys over here. My car seems to have a lot of slop from all the bushings so I will be spending time going through mine also.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts