Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2010 Forester
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've read here that the stock seat material (non-leather) for the Forester is pretty easy to clean. If someone could provide some practical examples of how it holds up to infant / toddler messes, I'd truly appreciate it!

I'm considering leather for this reason, but if I don't need it, why spend the money?

Thanks!

Russell

·
Registered
2009 Forester X Premium
3,091 Posts
If you apply the scotch-guard fabric treatment to it pretty much anything you get on it should come right off. Now maybe crayon and marker might not but juice and cracker crumbs should be easy to clean up. What Kind of mess we talking bout ?

·
Registered
2010 Forester
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What Kind of mess we talking bout ?
What you described, plus what gets tracked in on shoes, falls between and behind car seats, various and sundry liquids and solids...

I try to keep to a policy of no food and only water in the car, but that's not always practical.

I'm interested in people's real world experiences with the fabric...but any advice is helpful of course. Scotch Guard is a good idea.

Thanks,

Russell

·
Registered
203 Posts
Only thing I can comment on so far, when I was loading the Christmas tree on the roof I had the rear door open so I could stand on the ledge, for some stupid reason I leaned forward and put a nice muddy boot on my back seat. Left a nice outline of my boot but it wiped right off. Which was nice since the car was only about a month old lol.

I have a one year old so I will let you know how it goes when she starts spilling stuff.

·
Registered
2010 Forester 2.5X
51 Posts
I spilled coffee on my passenger seat, the second day of ownership, and it wiped right off with a napkin. Haven't even used any cleaner. The fabric gets my thumbs up so far:)

·
Registered
42 Posts
Come to think of it, within a few days of bringing home my 2010 with cloth seats, my grandpa, sitting in the front passenger seat, somehow managed to spill coffee not only on the front seat, but also on the side near the rear of the front seat. I don't notice it until a few days later, when it was dry. Passed over it with a damp rag and you would never know it had been there.

·
Registered
2010 Forester
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Good to hear! I took delivery today...happy so far. Car seats are already in.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts