Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2010 Forester
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Our new Forester is two months old has 2000 miles on her and we are having our first problem. After lunch today, the drivers door was very hard to close. It took me about ten attempts to get the door to shut. I stopped by the dealership and they told me they can't even look at the door until Thursday. I was not happy, but it was no big deal at the time.
On the drive home from the dealership, the power door locks started acting funny. They opened and closed a few times on their own and there was a "clicking" sound from under the dash and the doors would not unlock with power and they would get hung up between the open and locked position. I had to unlock them manually. I checked the fuse and it was OK. I replaced it just to be safe, but there was no change. When I got home, the doors did not want to lock with the fob or the key in the drivers door and I thought for a while I would have to leave my new car unlocked tonight. After a minute they locked.
Can anyone tell me what is going on? This problem just came up out of the blue.
I'm sure it is a simple fix, but damn is it a pain in the butt.

·
Registered
2020 Touring
151 Posts
Just a wild guess, the lock relay is probably loose in it's socket, or could be going bad. That's the clicking sounds you heard under the dash.
Again it's just a guess. Get a flashlight, crawl under the dash and start pushing in on all the relay boxes you can find.
Btw, the dealers response wasn't very nice, at all.

·
Registered
2009 2.5X Limited 4EAT
386 Posts
But why would the door be hard to close? Insert Twilight Zone theme here.

Was there any damage to the door? Perhaps someone hanging on it or throwing it off its hinges a bit? :confused:

·
Registered
2010 Forester
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I got in the Forester and the door closed fine. I went to my wife's office, opened the door, got out and it was hard to shut. It's almost like the power door locks are hanging up just enough to keep the opening and closing smooth.
It was like bam, and my drivers door had the smooth action of a 1983 Chevrolet Cavalier with 200K miles on it. I mean just out of the Blue.
In all fairness to the dealership, the service department was super busy with about 10 Jeeps and Dodges in front of me all waiting for service.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts