Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2010 Forester Limited 2.5 AT
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'd like to repair this issue, but need to know what the most likely cause is.

I do not want to bypass it with the 20 click method.

My alarm on the passenger seat occasionally goes off while I am driving. The passenger airbag is off. There is little or nothing in the seat. It goes off if I connect the passenger seat belt.

I suspect something under the seat or at the actual sear belt release? Anyone know?

Thanks.

·
Registered
2021 Forester Touring
28 Posts
Hi, I have a similar issue. My car is 2021 touring and I just notice airback pass. go off (no one sit on the passenger side). Is this by design when no one sits then it goes off automatically. I m a new user to Subaru (my first Subaru brand). I don't know if this is by design.

·
Super Moderator
2014 2.5i Limited CVT
5,892 Posts
There is a sensor in the seat cushion that recognizes when a person is in the passenger seat. Some electronics can cause a error for that sensor (like an iPad or other tablet). If you do not have ANYTHING on the seat, then the "airbag off" should be lit. If you are having issues with the system acting erratically, go to the dealer and have them look at the system. You could have a faulty sensor (I think some years may have had a TSB or other repair notification about this) or some other issue is causing the system to not work correctly.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.