Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2010 Forester
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I did a search, didn't see this address. Are there any tricks to getting the boot off of the parking brake lever? I need to get the console box out for something and the manual says to remove the boot first, but give no indication of how. I presume it snaps in, but before prying, would like to make sure nothing in there might break.

Thanks!

·
Registered
2010 Subaru Forester X Limited
2 Posts
I can’t access that site. It’s asking for a username and password. I want to swap my e brake boot out but can’t find instructions

·
Administrator
2007 Forester Sports XT 4EAT
40,109 Posts
@Alex053 did you click on the "Online Reference"? That part of the
Subaru Technical Information System (STIS)
website is free & doesn't require signing in.

Also...
For the best forum experience, we recommend completing your "Account Details". The optional information you enter there will display when members click "About" in your forum profile. You can also create a custom "Signature" that will display every time you make a forum post. The optional additional information you provide could mean getting forum member replies, or not.
Bobby...

['07 FSXT Member Journal] ['03 X Member Journal]

·
Registered
2010 Subaru Forester X Limited
2 Posts
I found it. I just had to do it from my desktop instead of my phone and it made it easier to fine.

it does show how to remove the boot with the clips but not how to get the boot off or back on though. ill keep digging to see if I can find the entire process. if not, ill rip it out this weekend and document for future questions.

Reactions: 2.5x_sleeper
1 - 6 of 6 Posts