Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

221 - 229 of 229 Posts

·
Registered
2012 Forester XT Auto
158 Posts
That's why I made that post back then for the hope itd help someone. Glad you found it. Hopefully that's your issue and is easily fixed. I was afraid the dealer would try that "you need a sensor" stuff. That thing is crazy expensive if you price it out.

I had an issue where mine somehow tripped a code for my steering angle sensor. Luckily my buddy had a scan tool that was able to recalibrate it without going to a dealer for it.
I was just going to come update and say I found a thread that explained the issue. It was your old one, so thank you for that. I'm going to call my local mechanic and see if they can do it to avoid going back to the dealer. They like to overcharge for small things like this...

·
Registered
9 Posts
I got my Steering angle sensor issue sorted out and figured I'd share in case anyone else has the same issue. I wanted to avoid the dealership since I thought they'd probably overcharge me. I called my local mechanic and he said he wanted the vehicle first thing in the morning because he only has two guys who can work the tool and he wants them fresh and ready to troubleshoot. This didn't leave me with a lot of confidence to say the least.
Finally I called an alignment shop and they said they could do it but they'd have to do their own diagnostic. Sounded expensive so I started looking around for a solution I could do myself.

Most devices that could do SAS reset were very expensive but I found one that was a reasonable price, the Maxicheck pro.

Amazon.ca: We're sorry!

It worked like a charm. No more VDC light.

Attachments

·
Registered
2011 Forester XT Premium 4AET
22 Posts
I got my Steering angle sensor issue sorted out and figured I'd share in case anyone else has the same issue. I wanted to avoid the dealership since I thought they'd probably overcharge me. I called my local mechanic and he said he wanted the vehicle first thing in the morning because he only has two guys who can work the tool and he wants them fresh and ready to troubleshoot. This didn't leave me with a lot of confidence to say the least.
Finally I called an alignment shop and they said they could do it but they'd have to do their own diagnostic. Sounded expensive so I started looking around for a solution I could do myself.

Most devices that could do SAS reset were very expensive but I found one that was a reasonable price, the Maxicheck pro.

Amazon.ca: We're sorry!

It worked like a charm. No more VDC light.
Hi Guys,

is this the issue that lights up the trac control? it just did the install and i think that it tripped it. What was the work that was actually completed?

Attachments

·
Registered
1 Posts
So, this Thread indicates Interest Up-To 7 months ago.
I've read the entire thread Several Times; and Intrigued by the prospect, ordered a Kit from JapanParts.
{ Not Installed Yet ~ or even taken out of the box }
Am I the Only Person that would appreciate a simple listing of any possible issues encountered with installing this Paddle-Shifter Kit?
Did I miss such a list?

fyi > 07-FXT

·
Registered
2007 Lexus GX470
1,948 Posts
So, this Thread indicates Interest Up-To 7 months ago.
I've read the entire thread Several Times; and Intrigued by the prospect, ordered a Kit from JapanParts.
{ Not Installed Yet ~ or even taken out of the box }
Am I the Only Person that would appreciate a simple listing of any possible issues encountered with installing this Paddle-Shifter Kit?
Did I miss such a list?

fyi > 07-FXT
There are no issues if you do everything correctly. Lol!. It's pretty straight forward and plug and play if you got the paddles, the column covers and the Subaru factory harness. I think I had to run to the hardware store for a few screws.

221 - 229 of 229 Posts