Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 229 Posts

·
Registered
2010 Forester XT Premium
379 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Paddle Shifter Forester SH XT Installed w/pic now

For ages I have been wishing for a paddle shift option for the forester and this past week I managed to find one from import monster (Yahoo Auctions Japan). It is made specifically for the SH Forester and the paddle shifters only work when you have the console shifter in sports mode.

I purchased this item and it should arrive later next week. A full install report and pictures will be added once complete.

Update: Forgot to post but paddle shifter kit from Subaru -Craft was installed last week (April 30) and went in perfectly. Now I just need to find the TCM under the dash and plug two wires into it but the Japanese instructions are an issue for me.

► Edit - moderator's note - Photobucket was allowing 3rd party hosting with a "Photobucket watermarking". Now, if you're not a paid subscriber, the pictures are watermarked & blurred! There's nothing we can do to fix this on this end.

The poster will have upgrade to a paid Photobucket account, find another picture hosting service or host the pictures here on the forum.

Bobby...

·
Registered
2010 Forester XT Premium
379 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Cost less than $400 including airfreight from Japan. Guy here in Australia bought one for his SF Foz and modified it to work..which it does.

·
Registered
2006 FAXT 5mt
525 Posts
wow thats what have been looking for, i want to bulid a track car for parapalegic people and let them be able to have a track day, i've got a 98 seating in my front yard and this is going to make it a lot easier.

·
Premium Member
2004 FSTI automatic
2,659 Posts
WOW....I did a bunch of research on this for the SG, and there was one company (forgot name)...and it was alot of work + $$$.

If this in an OEM part and is compatible with other ymm...we all can :woohoo:
Otherwise I am jealous...:starwars:

The paddle shifters on our Acura RDX were definitely a fun feature...I could only imagine them on a hooked up foz.

·
Registered
2010 Forester XT Premium
379 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
woot woot hurry up and arrive

Dear Dave,

This email is to notify you of an update to your order. The change to your order is:

Order update for item GRB SH MT SI Paddle Shifter (11415)
Order status changed to: Arrived at Japanese Warehouse

·
Registered
2003 XTi Cross Sports 4EAT :(
1,353 Posts
Cost less than $400 including airfreight from Japan. Guy here in Australia bought one for his SF Foz and modified it to work..which it does.
Info on the SF install?

Interested as the early SG's don't have the sport shift the newer SG's have so I'm interested in the wiring.

1 - 20 of 229 Posts