Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1991 legacy
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking at buying a 2010 Forester Limited, but before I do does anybody know if there are going to be any changes for the 2011? Thanks

·
Registered
2009 2.5X Limited 4EAT
386 Posts
Hi,
Bienvenido from the Mission (I see it's your first post).

This question was asked before...but the mystery hasn't been solved yet. I suppose we'll know soon enough. However, many are speculating that the new automatic Foresters will have CVT transmissions rather than the 4EAT. Someone else posted a pic with a Forester having a si-drive system...don't know about that either.

IMO, aside from the transmission change, I wouldn't expect too many other changes, maybe a few modifications to the interior. I think we're all waiting with bated breath. :biggrin:

·
Registered
13 Posts
What would be nice would be if they added the convenience package that comes with Navi but without the Navi..

Power folding seats and xenon lights.. I don't need navi though.. I wonder if they would offer this in the 11's.. I'm looking at a 2010 but with the 11's around the corner I think i might just wait it out!!

·
Registered
2010 2.5X Premium
160 Posts
Same here ... especially if the 5 speed MT is "replaced" with a 6 speed!
I would imagine 6 gear would be the same ratio as the current 5th gear so I'm not too worried about there being a 6mt....unless they made a lower 1st gear or put in a dual range gearbox then I'd be pissed.

·
Registered
2011 Sage Green FXP 5 spd
259 Posts
I would imagine 6 gear would be the same ratio as the current 5th gear so I'm not too worried about there being a 6mt....unless they made a lower 1st gear or put in a dual range gearbox then I'd be pissed.
Yeah, when they put in a 6spd manual in the 2001 Miata MX5, the top end rpms were the same as the 5spd.

At least this way the shift pattern in my 10 fxp vs
my 96 mx5 is the same. No confusion. :huh:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts