Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2009 Forester 2.5XL AT
171 Posts
Just say "This year".
Anybody who can count without taking off thier shoes and socks will understand. :icon_razz:

·
Premium Member
2008 2008 2.5i-2018 XT
13,257 Posts
Now that the year is actually you really don't refer to it as much..you refer to future years and past years.

Twenty-ten.

·
Registered
2009 Forester XT Limited
1,545 Posts
Good question. If you watch or like seeing sci-fi space movies most of the time they are referring to the year as 20-52 or 23-11 when spoken. It's got me thinking now and confused which way to go. :biggrin:

·
Registered
09 XT
448 Posts
twenty-ten seems to be the automotive manufactures preference when referring to new models

being in the trade- I will use twenty-ten

twenty-eleven sounds a little weird though... maybe next year will be two thousand eleven.

We have a year to discuss it. :icon_razz:

·
Registered
2016 Forester XT AT
1,306 Posts
Well, since the media in BC have been extolling the virtues of the twenty-ten winter olympics, that is what most people around here are saying.

Of course, I have to be different and will say 2000 and 10.....

·
Registered
2000 Forester
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Good question. If you watch or like seeing sci-fi space movies most of the time they are referring to the year as 20-52 or 23-11 when spoken. It's got me thinking now and confused which way to go. :biggrin:
Totally, ever since Startrek's star date's I've been wondering! Some really sound better than others...though 2121 sounds sweet!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts