Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so total newbie here. First and foremost Hello to all and I have been reading and coming to this page for over a year now for answers so thank everyone. But I have a 2010 Forester X Premium with the 17 inch wheels. Have been looking for some more AT tires and its slim pickings for that size. I have found some sets of 2003 Outback and Forester 16s fairly cheap at the junk yard. Was wondering if I get a set would 215/70R16s rub or give me problems? Looking towards the Cooper Discoverer AT3s in that size or would the safe bet be some Yoko Geos in 215/65R16?

·
Registered
2017 XT Auto
41 Posts
To piggy back on the OPs post, aside from tire size, how do y'all manage changing out A/T tires? Do you only put them on when planning on going out offroad or inclement weather, or are there decent ATs for minimal DD commuting?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hello, I purchased these tires after having used the Yokohama Geolander G015 in the same size on my 14 Forester 2.5. It is really hard to tell if there is a fuel economy difference. What is different is traction and road noise. I feel that the Pirelli's are better in the snow/ice while the Geolander is better in the desert sand I drive in. The differences are slight. The Pirelli's are a lot louder. As for tread life, I have noticed a loss of 1/32 tread over 7,000 miles, so my expectation is that the tires will last between 40k-50k miles total. I think the tread life on the Geolander's is a little better than this.

·
Registered
2013 Forester 2.5XT Auto
137 Posts
FWIW @MtbWes I have a '13 2.5xt with 17" wheels and was looking into the Falken Wildpeak AT Trail tires that come in the stock size 225/55 R17 if you're trying to stay stock. They have really good reviews and my local tire shop highly recommended them. I decided to go with the Conti Extreme Contact DSW06 only because I have a 30mi commute and the AT tires would affect my MPG.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.