Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I inherited my daughters 2010 limited after she died on the NYS thruway. It was determined the engine died and need to be replaced. My dad a mechanic for 50 plus years took on the task. I bought a used 57k Engine from a reputable provider. We have gotten it in and are constantly fighting a P0336 code we changed the sensor no success. We decided to change the wire harness with no success. Any help would be welcomed. The car runs fairly well when I erase the codes. When I shut it off the code returns.

·
Registered
2012 Forester 4 speed auto
1,108 Posts
@Johnlcap Unless the second engine is an exact duplicate of the first you might have to make adjustments. The camshaft gear reluctors may not be the same as first engine. Therefore the signal picked up by the Hall Sensor( another name for the Camshaft sensor) may be different. You might try replacing the second engine's cam gears with the first engine cam gears. Make sure you do not change the engine timing when you remove the timing belt. I would have the engine scoped with an osiciloscope to verify your setup.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts