Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2010 2010 forester
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have already cut off the rotten mufflers To Y pipe flanges but now it has develop a rattle coming from inside of the l/h muffler... what are you guys replacing those components with??

It's a 2010 N/A

·
Registered
2010 Forester Premium X AT
1,000 Posts
Hey, I was just about to post the same question. My 2010's system is shot. It seems that you either spend a grand for OEM or go with Walker or Bosal. Was looking at bosal but after some research found that their mufflers are complete junk. Walker makes a Stainless muffler that gets better reviews.

Walker 21746 and 21745 are the SS mufflers
Walker 21648 and 50365 are the resonator and y-pipe.

The only issue i saw was that the resonator and y-pipe are not a flange-bolted type assembly. Unless you know how to weld, I think the only option would be a band clamp. My question is if you ever used one of those clamps before?

·
Registered
09 forester
242 Posts
Ive used the Walker kit from RockAuto, it fits and works. I don't think I'll get the 10 years the original exhaust gave. 6 months and already surface rust is visible

·
Registered
2009 Forester manual
64 Posts
Find a friend with a 2011 WRX sedan who is going to a louder setup and beg him for original setup. cat back it will fit in seamlessly or go with a magnaflo for wrx sedan 2011. i went with a new setup from Subaru mail order from one of our vendors here.It is a perfect replacement and sounds good. the magnaflo is cheaper but louder.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts