Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
04 FXT
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
2010 mnsubaru.com Ice Race Pictures. Orr, MN. **pic heavy**

Well, I haven't uploaded any of my pictures or videos yet due to computer problems, but these were all taken this weekend in Orr Minnesota. If you don't know where Orr is, Google it. It's VERY far north.

This is an awesome time that happens 1-2 times a year (at least once for sure).
A member on mnsubaru.com hosts it at his resort he and his family own. There's 5 VERY nice cabins, and a huge lake.

This year he was able to have 2 courses that were about a mile each. That being said, I got close to 11 hours of seat time this weekend. :banana:

There isn't any real organization to it. Well as far as timing. I timed my self all weekend and I know a lot of others did. This was basically a great time to get to know your car on ice/snow.

I've owned my forester for about 2 weeks now, so after this, I know it VERY well.

Carnage for the weekend:
1 car flipped (first time it ever happened)
1 car caught on fire
1 snowmobile flipped (I heard the guy was OK)
and misc. dents, scratches, and under body stuff getting ripped off.

I however escaped with zero damage except a flap getting ripped off.

So here's some pictures!

Also, I have the only red forester. :)

·
Registered
2007 Forester XT
311 Posts
Goodness... I live so close too. Looks like my kind of people.

·
Registered
04 FXT
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yeah, it was insane. GREAT people, had an AWESOME time too.

And I didn't crash like last year. So my wife was happy too.

·
Registered
04 FXT
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
here's a couple more. I'll post them as I get them. And yes, thats me on the sled. And no, I didnt get hurt.

·
Registered
2008 FSXT M/T
4,167 Posts
LOL @ the guy on the sled getting towed. we do that on the roads around here when we get a good snowfall! man that looks like an awesome event, thanks for the pics. the last one is cool!

you guys even got wings, lucky sobs! :biggrin:

im guessing the olds 88 was the car that flipped, my mom used to have one of those. that was the car i took my road test in, lol!

·
Registered
04 FXT
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
haha, the guy in the subaru sweatshirt getting towed is me! AND we got wings, fish and polish sausage.

And the olds is not the one that flipped. An 07 wrx is the one that flipped. I saw it, but I feel its bad karma to take pictures of someone elses misfortune. therefore, I dont have any of his car.

But it was a VERY fun event. I have some vids and more pics coming this morning!

·
Registered
04 FXT
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Short vid of me pulling my buddy...
[YOUTUBE="Ice race in Orr"]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/zeHHG4d6ZRE&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/zeHHG4d6ZRE&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

1 - 8 of 8 Posts