Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

841 - 843 of 843 Posts

·
Registered
2011 Forester XT 4eat
41 Posts
Got the lift kit delivered and installed last night. Adjusted the coilovers to around halfway in the front and slightly higher than halfway in the rear. Much happier with how it sits. Now to just get the RPF1's on.

View attachment 551735

View attachment 551736

Used this kit

Shipping was fast enough. The fronts fit fine but on the rears I has to open up the holes for the strut mount bolts by two drill bit sizes. Overall quality was nice.
Seems like a lot of lowering and lifting just to get close to where you'd be with drop springs and decent dampers. To each his own, I guess. I mean, the full tab on my suspension (Swift springs, Whiteline RCA kit, Bilstein B6 shocks, Cusco braces, Sti sway bars, Energy Suspension bushings) was about as much as a nice set of coilovers. I knew it was going to be my daily driver and wanted better handling while retaining some comfort. My ride sits a fraction of an inch higher than yours after the lift.

How is the ride quality?

·
Registered
2003 Forester
129 Posts
I thought I mentioned it but it must have been somewhere else and not in this thread. The struts on the car were the originals with 235k miles on them so they %100 needed replacement. I got the Teins for $100 from a friend who was converting his WRX back to stock for trade in. The reason I posted this in the sticky was because with the rampant coilover use in the WRX community there's probably a very good chance that people might come across a good deal on coilovers from them and this is a small sample of what it could take to run on a Forester depending on your goals.

This is my 4th vehicle and I didn't want to spend an obscene amount of money on it so $230 vs even ~$500 for stock replacements just made sense.

The ride is excellent. I believe this line from Tein is meant to be only slightly sportier than stock with height adjustment and that's just what I got. With the addition of the STi front and rear sway bars it rides/handles perfect for me.

Here's a couple random shots. I also installed an STi aluminum diff carrier. Getting new tires mounted on my old RPF1's and an alignment today. I adjusted the rear a little higher this weekend and will post another couple photos how it sits.

·
Registered
2003 Forester
129 Posts
To expand on my previous post I hope this info will also open up a lot of options for coilovers for people who potentially want to run a brand/set that they don't make specifically for the Forester. Want some KW's or Ohlins? Here you go.

They adjusted the coilovers to match height at all 4 corners where I wanted the rear slightly higher but I'm really happy with how it turned out plus I can always adjust them back up a smidge if I feel like it. This was with the original wheels and tires in the back and when I took them out it did sit ~1/4" higher.

18's would be perfect on this chassis but I had these in my basement and still feel it looks good. The ride and handling is even more improved now with the light wheel/tire package and alignment with more front camber than stock.

841 - 843 of 843 Posts