Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

801 - 806 of 806 Posts

·
Registered
2011 Forester XT 4eat
22 Posts
Get new nuts for the ends. That's all you'll need. I installed my bars just after Galager did.

·
Registered
2011 Forester XT 4eat
22 Posts
So, here's my current suspension setup:
Swift Sport springs (~1.6" drop) w/ Tein spring silencers
Stock struts
19mm STi rear sway bar with Energy Suspension Black Poly bushings + RalliTek endlinks
Stock front sway bar with Energy Suspension Black Poly bushings+MOOG endlinks
KYB front strut mounts (because I f*cked up one of my studs and had to replace them)
Whiteline Roll Center Adjustment Kit
Perrin Steering Dampener lockout
Cusco Front Lower Arm Bars

**Upcoming stuff: Energy suspension control arm bushings front and rear. My rubber is completely SHOT. However, since this XT has been a Central TX car it's whole life, there's zero rust, so that's pretty pleasant to wrench on.
Eventually, I'll need/want new struts, too.

This is a daily driver, and she has 156,000 miles, so I'm mainly refreshing the driving feel (she'll never, ever, be tracked). I love a comfortable, responsive wagon that is a little bit of a sleeper. Stock wheels, and all-season tires.

·
Registered
2011 Forester XT 4eat
22 Posts
How you like those bars? Between those and the Bilsteins I’m in heaven.
I put them on at the same time as the springs, and the effect was dramatic ( I had the rear sway bar, bushings, and endlinks already).
the Cusco bars made the front end steering more of a "yaw" than a "roll" situation. I'm excited about the LCA bushings, because as I strengthened the other parts of my suspension, the beatass rubber in the LCAs is making a horrid clunking noise. Can't wait to get rid of those mushy cracked bushings.

I recommend the Whiteline RCA kit, even though it's a little pricey... I can tell the grip at the tires is better with the geometry in the right place. No more singing around corners at low speed.

·
Registered
2011 Forester
2 Posts
Hi! I’m new around here...

Here’s my SH Forester on Fortune Auto 500 coilovers with 8k springs. It’s almost a 4” drop. The car is a 2011 NA with the 5M.

I inherited it from the wife when she got a new car. The 2015 Transit Connect parked behind the Forester is mine also.

801 - 806 of 806 Posts