Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

761 - 780 of 827 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey there guys,

I was wondering, with the 09 Forester BC Racing Coilovers, is there anything else that would need to be ordered with these or should these just t bolt right up? I was told with wrx coils I would need new rear upper control arms or the rear would camber too much. Don't want to order just the coils and end up with a bad install.

·
Registered
2007 Lexus GX470
1,942 Posts
Hey there guys,

I was wondering, with the 09 Forester BC Racing Coilovers, is there anything else that would need to be ordered with these or should these just t bolt right up? I was told with wrx coils I would need new rear upper control arms or the rear would camber too much. Don't want to order just the coils and end up with a bad install.
Depends if you want rear camber correction or not and how low you go.

·
Registered
2013 fxt
39 Posts
what are the stock fxt spring rates?

I'm picking up a set of used 2014 wrx takeoff's for 140 bucks today and will be buying 3/8 spacers for the rears.

What are the stock spring rates? I can only find them for the pre 09 body! I've been searching for hours :(

·
Registered
2011 2.5X
5 Posts
Hey there guys,

Depends if you want rear camber correction or not and how low you go.
Is it the rear UPPER control arms that control camber? I thought it was the lower control arms. I literally ordered some Whiteline lower control arms today for that reason.

·
Registered
2007 Lexus GX470
1,942 Posts
Is it the rear UPPER control arms that control camber? I thought it was the lower control arms. I literally ordered some Whiteline lower control arms today for that reason.
Never believe what people on the internet say. You're doing your own homework and that means youre doing it right. You're good.

·
Registered
2005 Forester XS
4 Posts
I'd really like to get the Tein High Tech (SKS94-G1B00) springs for my 2010 x premium. The guy selling them in the UK says they won't work with mine because i have a 2.5 and that's heavier. It does say 2.0 and 2.0xt in the tein description, but isn't the curb weight of the xt higher than the non turbo anyways?

can someone clear this up for me? really want to pull the trigger on these.

·
Registered
2007 Lexus GX470
1,942 Posts
I'd really like to get the Tein High Tech (SKS94-G1B00) springs for my 2010 x premium. The guy selling them in the UK says they won't work with mine because i have a 2.5 and that's heavier. It does say 2.0 and 2.0xt in the tein description, but isn't the curb weight of the xt higher than the non turbo anyways?

can someone clear this up for me? really want to pull the trigger on these.
What are the spring rates and the drop of the H-Techs? What shocks will you be pairing them with?

·
Registered
2005 Forester XS
4 Posts
What are the spring rates and the drop of the H-Techs? What shocks will you be pairing them with?
from page 1:

- Tein High Tech (SKS94-G1B00)
Fr: 3.9kg/mm -45mm
Rr: 3.2kg/mm -40mm

actually doesn't matter, i found a set of 2011 sti springs and struts for $350CAD with 60,000kms use on them, picking them up tomorrow.

he also has the front and rear sways, links, bushings for $150CAD but i wasn't sure if they fit or are better than the stock ones.

·
Registered
2009 Forester XT Auto
9 Posts
So on my 09FXT I’m looking at 2011-2014 Subaru WRX STi OEM Suspension (OEM Shocks with Swift Lowering Springs) will I need spacers?

·
Registered
13 Forester XT 4EAT
4,167 Posts
Cars paid off. Running like a top and just cracked 45k. If I’m in it for the long haul, I’d like to improve the suspension. Got the steering lockout sitting on my desk. My spring/strut setup isn’t where I want it to be with just the pedders at this point. Seriously considering the Cusco touring a. I def need beefier struts, front end too bouncy, especially at speed. I think the adjustability of these would put me where I would be happy. Am I correct that Koni inserts in wrx housings will rub with 245/45 18’s? Also, are camber bolts as weak as I think they may be? I had -1.5 in the rear. Tires lasted plenty long but did wear on the inside edge more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2011 Forester 2.0 diesel manual 6 speed
82 Posts
Hey guys,

Need some advice. Just started to modify the suspension on my Forester. Rear STI sway bar is on the way.

I'm considering lowered springs, but not by much, something very conservative. I'm wondering if i need to change the struts for this? Probably it would be best but i want to keep it cheap...

So my question is, what do you think is the lowest spring i could use, but still be supported by the original struts? I presume there is a specific range they operate best in.

Thanks!

EDIT: Found this thread: https://www.subaruforester.org/vbulletin/f70/sh-specific-pedders-lowering-springs-304737/

Answers most of my questions. If anyone would like to pitch in anyway, please do :)

·
Registered
13 Forester XT 4EAT
4,167 Posts
As I'm hemming and hawing over the ridiculous amounts of cobbled together options us poor SH guys have, I'd like to verify if the SJ specific suspensions fit our cars. If so, is it plug and play, or are there some kinds of fitment issues or drawbacks?

·
Registered
2013 XT
1,686 Posts
Cars paid off. Running like a top and just cracked 45k. If I’m in it for the long haul, I’d like to improve the suspension. Got the steering lockout sitting on my desk. My spring/strut setup isn’t where I want it to be with just the pedders at this point. Seriously considering the Cusco touring a. I def need beefier struts, front end too bouncy, especially at speed. I think the adjustability of these would put me where I would be happy. Am I correct that Koni inserts in wrx housings will rub with 245/45 18’s? Also, are camber bolts as weak as I think they may be? I had -1.5 in the rear. Tires lasted plenty long but did wear on the inside edge more.

I'm in the same boat. I have wrx suspension w/king lift springs and soon to be wrx/koni struts. My summer tires are hold overs from my old SG. Really need the 18in rim with 245's to fill out the wheel gap. My 17in rim just don't cut it. I did find this person with 245/45/18's. He mentions using spacers but his offset and 3mm spacers puts it at +48, which is what i thought would not work. Need to find some local that has that size and test fit. I'll measure my 245's/17 and see if i can figure out how much clearance is left with them on.

Not sure on the camber bolts. Whiteline states theirs are font only. HR's don't say front or rear. They also have some kinda collar. Otherwise its adj. control arms.

https://www.subaruforester.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=7101457

·
Registered
13 Forester XT 4EAT
4,167 Posts
Can I see a pic with the wrx, king lift spring combo?

·
Super Duper Moderator
2,366 Posts

·
Registered
2016 2.0XT CVT
4 Posts
Was anyone able to run stock wheels/tires (225/55/18) on their WRX/STi take-offs? Tire is hitting the front spring perch now. Not sure if camber issue or not.

·
Registered
2013 Forester 2.5XT Auto
115 Posts
I updated my Pedders install thread, but thought I would put this in here regarding KYB Excel G struts. Subaru has different part numbers for 09-10 and 11-13 SH foresters. I've been told, but cant confirm that the OEM dampening rates were increased for 11-13. KYB had originally based the Excel G on the 09-10 model and the excel G provides a 10-15% increase over OEM. If the rate for 11-13 increased and KYB is now making a newer version based on that, it will have an even greater increase in dampening over the 09-10 version of the Excel G. They are due to be released this fall sometime. See below as I will probably buy a set of these now once they are able to confirm the specs.

Our Excel-G line has a 10%-15% increase over the OE units. The 339384/339383 will not be available till the 3rd or 4th quarter of this year. So we don’t have the specs on them yet. With that being said, we can’t compare the 339384/339383 and the 339170/339169 at this time.

Regards,
Technical Support
KYB Americas Corporation
[email protected]

Sent: Thursday, August 13, 2015 11:43 AM
To: Tech Support <[email protected]>
Subject: 2013 Subaru Forester

• Model: 2013 Subaru Forester XT (turbo)
• VIN: JF2SHGHXXXXXXXXXX (VIN)
• Modifications: Vehicle specific lowering springs designed to be used with OEM style shocks struts (if any)
• KYB products: 339384, 339383, 341486 (11-13) 339170, 339169, 341486 (09-10)

• I have a 2013 Subaru Forester XT (turbo). It has been lowered 1.5 inches with stiffer springs designed to be used with OEM shocks/struts. I am still using the OEM shocks/struts. I have found the front of the car to be slightly bouncy. I’m trying to determine if your (11-13) models referenced above have an increased dampening rate over OEM at all to help solve this issue. Is there any way to get a comparison of OEM to KYB? I also noticed there is a part number difference between 09-10 and 11-13 even though the vehicles did not change at all. What is the difference between these model years?

Hey @Galager I know I'm pulling this one up from way back but are you're still running this setup? If not how did you like the KYB's? Any recommendations? I'm looking at getting either swifts or pedders and figured I would replace the struts as well for a fresh setup. I have just about 84k on my FXT with stock suspension.

Any advice would be really appreciated!

761 - 780 of 827 Posts