Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2010 Forester X Limited Auto
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys,

I've been a lurker on the forum for a long while now. Perusing the builds on this forum has been an inspiration of sorts for my own Forester and I'm excited to modify mine in my own way. I'm starting this member's journal as a way to log my progress on the car and explore ideas with other Forester owners.

I purchased my 2010 Forester 2.5X Limited May 2019 in Austin, TX (Henna Chevrolet) at 111k miles. Clean carfax, one previous owner. I've always wanted a Subaru. My dream car was a Legacy GT Spec.B and I still plan to eventually get one as a project car further down the road (no pun intended), but the Forester fit my lifestyle better as I am an outdoor adventurer / conservation ecologist / hardcore birder. Many of the places I spend time at you can't get to on a lowered suspension. I intend to modify my Forester to take me places off the map.

As I write this, not much has been done in the way of modifications. Unfortunately, I've had to dole out my savings into replacing things: new spark plugs and wires, new crankshaft position sensor, power steering pump replacement.

Hopefully I'll keep this journal up so I'll update this first post frequently, but below is a list of current mods and projected mods.

Current mods as of January 7, 2020
OEM hood deflector
OEM Forester Sports grille
16x7" Vöxx Orso
215/65/R16 General Grabber AT2
Yakima Timberline w/ Roundbars
Yakima Loadwarrior

Projected mods
ADF 1" Lift + 3/8" rear spacers
Rally Innovations Light Bar
Rally lights (TBD)
Skid plate (TBD)
New stereo system (TBD)
New exhaust (TBD)

I'll add more as I do more research and gather opinions from y'all. I'm open to suggestions, especially from those who have done offroad builds before. I'm not looking to build anything extreme, just something that's practical for offroad use while looking good. Bear in mind I'm unfortunately not as mechanically inclined as I wish, so expect inexperienced questions.

Side note: I'm an amateur photographer, so expect a photo-heavy thread. I'm mostly a wildlife photographer, but I dabble in other areas too (link).

I'll update this frequently too, but here's what the car (named "Sebastian the Subaru") looked like the day I bought it.

and here's now (May 23, 2020).

Looking forward to being part of the community!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
New wheels and tires!

Vöxx Orso 16x7"
General Grabber AT2 215/65/R16

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Breaking in the tires this spring break around Little Missouri Falls in Arkansas. The trails were really rocky and muddy, but the grabbers did great!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Added some Yakima Roundbars and a Loadwarrior!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts