Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there, i've just purchased a 2010 Forester turbo and am thinking of upgrading to the Hyperflow top mount intercooler. According to their website it can give up to 15kW increse without any other mods. How true is this and is it worth it? Any advice would be appreciated :icon_biggrin:

see their webpage here:hyperflow.com.au

·
Registered
2010 XT 4eat
604 Posts
i am looking into upgrading the intercooler on my fxt as well.

·
Registered
2010 forester xt limited
21 Posts
i also. does anyone know if my08+ wrx has the same intercooler, or if upgrading the FOZZYs intercooler to that of an STi would be a wise mod?
:icon_rolleyes:

·
Registered
none none
8,844 Posts
The 09+ foresters use the wrx/legacy intercooler setup, while the STI uses the old style.

On a stock turbo, upgrading the intercooler won't really do much at all.

·
Registered
2007 Forester XT
10 Posts
Ordered the Process West TMIC today! Can't wait to install. Ordered from Rally Sport Direct. This is on a 2007 XT 5 speed.

·
Registered
07 FXT
828 Posts
Ebay intercooler test

read this thread on NASIOC

EBay TMIC tests - NASIOC

In general, upgrading the intercooler is not a mod for gaining power. If you upgrade the turbo then you probably want to do it. Upgrading to a quality piece with lower backpressure can improve off-boost throttle response.

Edit- Hyperflow actually looks decent, are these the same as the TXS intercoolers?

·
Registered
04 forester xt
969 Posts
i almost got the process west last month but rallysport sold out and said it will be late feb before getting more. good thing because i found a good deal on a sti tmic with y pipe for 250 shipped and was in good shape. also the $835 compared to $250 was big for me .

what about the ipr that import image sells on nasioc thats for the 08+ ?

·
Registered
2008 FSXT M/T
4,167 Posts
the ipr is bunched in w/ the rest of the knock offs. the original v1 txis tmics were hyperflow, im not sure who makes them now. the TXS, PERRIN, PW, AVO are all quality aftermarket ICs.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I bought an 04 FXT and it came with some parts is a 2004 wrx top mount a good upgrade from stock?
i know everybody gets an sti one but i just wanna how good the 04 wrx one is

·
Read Only
2012 XT Premium Manual
48 Posts
I got the Verticooler, it takes the top mount and moves it back of from the engine, apparently TMIC have an issues with heat-soak. from my understanding you get less lag from a TMIC than what you would from a FMIC but the trade off is the issue of heat. Anyway the verticooler sits off the engine and has good air flow that travels through the fins and out down the back of the firewall. Its pretty straight forward bolting in, with no messing around moving or modifying etc.

My personal opinion, I wouldn't bother with STI parts as they are generally overpriced and I think that there are better aftermarket options, research and developments out there... but hey not here to start a debate, its your car not mine.

Attachments

·
Registered
5 Posts
I got the Verticooler, it takes the top mount and moves it back of from the engine, apparently TMIC have an issues with heat-soak. from my understanding you get less lag from a TMIC than what you would from a FMIC but the trade off is the issue of heat. Anyway the verticooler sits off the engine and has good air flow that travels through the fins and out down the back of the firewall. Its pretty straight forward bolting in, with no messing around moving or modifying etc.

My personal opinion, I wouldn't bother with STI parts as they are generally overpriced and I think that there are better aftermarket options, research and developments out there... but hey not here to start a debate, its your car not mine.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Yeah i know what a verticooler is i just wanna know is the wrx top mount gonna be a good upgrade compared to my stock one

·
Read Only
2012 XT Premium Manual
48 Posts
Yeah i know what a verticooler is i just wanna know is the wrx top mount gonna be a good upgrade compared to my stock one
sigh So that post was intended on being for the originator of the thread... but now i realise that this thread was created back in 2010, so disregard my post :rolleyes:. Instead of throwing down questions regarding your 04 XT in a thread aimed at 09-13 XT and from a discussion that was created 9 years ago, It might be a good idea to create a new discussion and make it more relevant to the 04 XT.

·
Registered
09 XT
5 Posts
Looks like a quality set up.
Did you upgrade the Turbo at all or were you happy with the gains from the Verti and CAI?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts