Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2017 Forester XT Touring EyeSight
1,157 Posts
I don't think you can assume anything more precise than "about one quart / liter". I've never heard of it being deliberately a different quantity in any "real" car.

·
Super Moderator
2001 Forester S, 4EAT
3,776 Posts
@boureesub, My owner's manual is for the 2001 Forester, but this is copied from the 2019 Owner's manual, it the level required has not changed from 2001 to 2019, still 1L
Font Parallel Rectangle Screenshot Document

·
Registered
2019 Forester Limited
1,382 Posts
sorry @bman400 , my "what is this manual..." comment was a poor tongue in cheek response to folks who post questions that are readily available by reading their manual. Not aimed at you.

·
Registered
2010 X
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Tried my manual first. Didn't find an answer. That's why I asked here. About 1 qt/lit was my guess - but only a guess. Thanks for the advice and suggestions.

·
Super Moderator
2001 Forester S, 4EAT
3,776 Posts
@Brownkatz, That is so strange. I looked at the PDF version of your 2010 X owner's manual on Subaru's website and it DOES NOT list how much oil to use to bring from Lo to Hi. And yet in other years the manual does list 1L!!!!

·
Registered
2010 X
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
@Brownkatz, That is so strange. I looked at the PDF version of your 2010 X owner's manual on Subaru's website and it DOES NOT list how much oil to use to bring from Lo to Hi. And yet in other years the manual does list 1L!!!!
I know. Bizarre, right? I just got this car and wanted the information when I changed the oil and filter. I was sure the information would be readily available in the manual, which would have been a lot faster than posting here and waiting for worthwhile answers. I appreciate you confirming that the info was not in the manual.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts