Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2010 Forester
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Where on earth is the switch for heated seats in the 2010 Forester. I just got the vehicle and the seats are absolutely roasting hot once I get going but I can't find the switch anywhere. I swear this model must have it, I have never had seats get this hot naturally.

·
Registered
2010 Forester
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
@2.5x_sleeper So I am guessing mine doesn't come with it from the factory. Are these seats known for retaining heat ridiculously well to the point of them being almost burning hot on the inside? Could aftermarket heated seats have been installed and there might be another switch elsewhere?
Outerwear Sleeve Grey Automotive exterior Collar

·
Administrator
2007 Forester Sports XT 4EAT
41,714 Posts
@Northeastbreeze if those are fabric covered seats, they shouldn't get hot. Leather covered seats can get hot during the summer & cold during the winter, one of the reasons I avoid leather seats.

You could check underneath to see if there's any added wiring that looks out of place... non-factory?

Bobby...

['07 FSXT Member Journal] ['03 X Member Journal]

·
Administrator
41,714 Posts
@Northeastbreeze if you have aftermarket seat heaters installed, there should be a switch to turn them on/off, so look around for a switch that looks out of place... doesn't look factory installed.

You could also search the internet for aftermarket seat heaters to see what the installation looks like... where the power switch would be installed & what it would look like?

Any chance you could contact the previous owner & ask them if they had set heaters installed?

Bobby...

·
Administrator
41,714 Posts
@Northeastbreeze congratulations on your successful troubleshooting!

I'm surprised the installer didn't install the switch or switches in the factory seat heater switch location?

On the positive side, they work well! ;)

I'm not a fan of seat heaters, as thay always feel too hot to me! I have them in my '07 FSXT. I only turned them on to test them when the seats were upgrades to '05 STi seats & the seat heaters were transferred to the new seats.

Bobby...

Reactions: Northeastbreeze

·
Registered
2011 2.5X Premium PZEV 4EAT
1,072 Posts
There's an old post by @for4me for cleverly moving the stupidly placed factory location (back of the hand brake) to the cubby. It involves a bit of work but worth it. Another member tapped off the switches to add an indicator light near the cubby.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts