Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi fellow owners - I have a 2010 non turbo with 90k, drivers side head gasket showing some oil leakage. I’m going to do head gaskets timing belt etc since it’s close to that time. Question is should I go with OEM gaskets or is there a better alternative in the aftermarket seeing as these have been an issue. Thanks in advance !

·
Registered
790 Posts
The head gaskets can seep oil for a long time before "going bad". It's kind of a Subaru thing, lol. At least with the EJ25.

If it's not dripping, I wouldn't bother yet. It's when they leak oil noticably or start to leak coolant at all, that's when they need to be done.

·
Registered
77 Posts
I'm getting my head gaskets replaced because it's leaking excessive oil. It's an 07 with 99,800 miles.

Are there any aftermarket gaskets that are better?

·
Registered
169 Posts
Hi fellow owners - I have a 2010 non turbo with 90k, drivers side head gasket showing some oil leakage. I’m going to do head gaskets timing belt etc since it’s close to that time. Question is should I go with OEM gaskets or is there a better alternative in the aftermarket seeing as these have been an issue. Thanks in advance !
I am new to Subarus, but have had extensive experience with Genuine Factory /OEM , OEM/OE, and NOS Aftermarket head gaskets for VW's.

I found this video interesting and as straight forward as any other. I even investigated the source of the head gasket he prefers.

This discussion of head gaskets is a little more than two minutes into the video.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
About this Discussion
4 Replies
5 Participants
karlaudi
Subaru Forester Owners Forum
We’re the best Subaru Forester Owners Forum to talk about the best years of the Subaru Forester, modifications and reliability history of the Subaru Forester.
Full Forum Listing