Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2006 Impreza
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All,
My 2010 forester's hatch doesn't open with the key, it beeps and flashes three times but doesn't do anything. I can still open it up normally with the button on the hatch. Any ideas of what the beeping means or what to do to fix it?

·
Registered
2010 X Limited, 2.5L NA, 4AT. Purchased as the second owner in 2020 with ~126K miles.
1,010 Posts
I don't have that feature. There are only two ways, that I know of, to open the hatch. One with the normal latch outside and to open it manually with the tool.

·
Registered
2017 Forester XT Touring
959 Posts
On that generation, I think if the key has a hatch or tailgate button, it only unlocks the tailgate. There isn't any mechanism that would open the hatch for you.

·
Registered
2010 X Limited, 2.5L NA, 4AT. Purchased as the second owner in 2020 with ~126K miles.
1,010 Posts
My fob arms/disarms the alarm system and locks/unlocks the tailgate. The tailgate still has to be opened with the mechanism. There are different number of beeps involved depending on which button I push on the fob, I don't know if it's three beeps on unlocking the tailgate. I think it is two. I wonder if this situation is an after market install.

I was thinking this week how I could open the tailgate from the cockpit. Probably drag an extra wire. I haven't looked at it yet.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts