Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Subaru owners and helpers, I have a 2010 Subaru Forester , while pumping gas it spews back out at me , want take fuel in . Have reset the codes and it allowed me to gas up need help, this is actually my daughters Subaru Forester and she drives my grandson in the Forester and I'm worried ,don't have the money to pay to go to a shop ,sorry for having to say this as we are financially stricken ,when cash is concerned . She works hard and about $10.50 an hour can't afford a dealer, someone point me in the right direction ,I will do my best to fix it. Thanks , I'm a newbie , but can fix things ,even disabled ,I will do my best. I'm sure someone has had this problem , I know theres probably someone had this problem will continue to look for a search button .Thanks

·
Registered
2012 Forester X Auto
1,897 Posts
There is a small metal door down in the gas intake - Sometimes these break off and can plug up the intake.
Take a look and see if it is there, and if it is, it might also be stuck.
See if you can move it, as fuel flow normally opens it.
Another possible problem is a pinched vent tube, which allows air to escape as you are filling the tank.
If air can't get out, fuel can't get in...

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
There is a small metal door down in the gas intake - Sometimes these break off and can plug up the intake.
Another possible problem is a pinched vent tube, which allows air to escape as you are filling the tank.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks will check it out , I watched a video on YouTube and it shows a vent control box above a charcoal box below the filler tube . Its sure hard to figure out ,seems like several things can cause the same issue with pumping gas . I bought a pressure control valve that has 3 small lines hooked up to it and one wire ,located above the axle. It appears that that only causes the vehicle to hesitate when driving it , I haven't installed it , and it probably has nothing to do with the gas being pumped into the Forester , but maybe, it controls that vent control box above the charcoal canister . Still lost on this issue, anymore suggestions will check that out the metal flap. Anybody that has had that problem please post. ((( NOTE: I do know that disconnecting the battery will allow you to pump gas into the Forester , that may help in this diagnosing this issue.))))))

·
Registered
2012 Forester X Auto
1,897 Posts
If the battery DC allows fuel entry, it sounds like the fuel evaporator capture system isn't allowing the vent to open.
Could be the pressure switch, could be the canister...
Was it overfilled at some point?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
If the battery DC allows fuel entry, it sounds like the fuel evaporator capture system isn't allowing the vent to open.
My daughter got it from her sister, they told her it had started doing that with her. They would travel ,son in law in Navy so it's possible when they filled up. They have a vent switch above the charcoal canister and one vent switch above the axle . I'm not sure which one ,could be the culprit . I would think the one by the filler tube and by canister.

·
Registered
2011 Subaru Forester XP
6 Posts
any codes? P1449 maybe? There is a TSB out the replace all of the EVAP lines and relocate the valve near the tank to a higher spot near the fill neck. Also the Forester seems to attract spiders. Have a smoke test done to check the system for back pressure. What station was it? Chevron? My guess is a clog in the EVAp system related to P1449

1 - 7 of 7 Posts