Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2010 XT Premium
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
hi guys

just thought I'd post this link to a video of an XFORCE system on the FXT. It's an Aussie outfit and I love the video they made of the exhaust on the white FXT. If only all exhaust shops did this. You get to hear the exhaust at idle, drive by, inside the car and at 4500rpm stationary with a sound meter. Covers all angles for the potential buyer. I think it's a manual forester in the vid and I'd really like to know how it goes with an auto. Anybody think this exhaust might be droning on the freeway????

oh man i can't post url's yet. 15 posts! ok. just look for x-force dot rtrk dot com dot au yikes!!1 video is also on youtube i see.. or jhp dot com dot au has videos too.

mark..

·
Registered
2010 Forester XT
12 Posts
I think this system sounds sweet! Sign me up but can we get it here in the US without paying an arm and a leg?

·
Registered
2010 Forester XT
12 Posts
I contacted the company and I got some pricing for this system. Maybe we could get a group buy going. Here you go...

RRP for the cat-back WRX Sedan/Forester XT MY09 (Non-Varex):

AUD$636.36 for the mild steel system with stainless steel muffler

AUD$863.63 for the full stainless steel .

RRP for the turbo-back WRX Sedan/Forester XT MY09 (Non-Varex):

AUD$1090.90 for the mild steel system with stainless steel muffler

AUD$1545.45 for the full stainless steel .

Shipping cost via FedEx or TNT (not including custom duties and taxes): AUD$200
Payment methods : Bank direct transfer OR Paypal ([email protected])

Above quotes are for ordering one unit, you can find out the volume rates from us if you want to order 3 or more units.

REMEMBER PRICES ARE NOT IN US DOLLARS

·
Registered
2011 Subaru Forester FXT 5 Speed Manual
229 Posts
Why does the xforce TBE not use a splitter plate to seperate the wastegate exhaust from hitting the turbo exaust side on which causes turbulance and more back pressure? It looks to me that they just haev an open bell mouth downpipe. Kinda puts me off, showing they hvant done any serious engineering to design the exhaust

·
Registered
2010 XT Premium
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
@Ricker - Your talking about the full system yeah?
I was only really looking at the cat back one. Not too concerned with HP gains but want a more Subie sound. Do you see anything wrong with the catback model?

·
Registered
2004 FXT
830 Posts
I had one of these on my car. Picked it up while I was visiting Australia.

It's a nice exhaust, nice deep rumble, no droning... I kind of miss it actually. I had to sell mine, because I got the twin tip and it interferes with the hitch I installed...

Only issue is the exhaust is a universal, so you need to get custom pipes made for it.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I have a custom 3 inch turboback with there varex system and i love it. The sound when its fully oPened is awesome and when you close it its even quieter than stock.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts