Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 96 Posts

·
Registered
2010 XT 4eat
604 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
VF52 Turbo Upgrade results page 6 (post 79)

DYNO VIDS PAGE 2

Got the Forester tuned today at AMS with only 3800 miles.

Mods
K&N Typoon Intake
Cobb downpipe w/cat
SPT Exhaust

Engine Managment
Cobb Access Port

With Tune 215.54whp 227.03tq
Before Tune w/mods 205.29whp 197.74tq

AFR 11.4:1
93 octane

Honestly the Forester feels so much faster now. The tuner was impressed on how much power it made. I bought this as my daily and didn't know I would be doing these mods so soon, but happy I did. I love the sound.

·
worn out cams
05 FXT
899 Posts
Nice! So which one is getting driven more these, days, the B14 or the FXT? :biggrin:

S

·
Registered
2010 Forester XT
71 Posts
Nice gains!!! I’ll be following in your footsteps shortly. one question... why on cobb's website do they report a torque gain to 329lbs with just a downpipe & tune and you are getting 227?(this question is open to anyone that can answer it).. thanks

Dyno%20Graph%202010%20Subaru%20Forester%20XT.jpg

·
Registered
2009 Forester XT 4EAT
2,265 Posts
I know that back when Cobb first offered their AP for the new Foz lastyear, they said to NOT use a short ram or even a K&N drop in filter because it could / would cause it to run lean.
Is that still in the notes on the AP papers? If they have that resolved, I might just be ordering an AP this week. :biggrin:

·
Registered
2004 Forester XT
320 Posts
That's a pretty aggressive afr for a stock topmount. Lets hope your d range fuel trim doesn't go negative.

·
Registered
2009 ForesterXT
55 Posts
This my be a dumb question but How do you convert whp to hp. I see the gains but not sure on the conversion. I know what COBB states on their web page with stage 2 Just not sure on your dyno test....Thanks

·
Registered
2010 XT 4eat
604 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
nice results... I'm jealous though, I wish AMS was local for me.
Then again, if they were I probably wouldn't even be on this forum... and I'd be driving an Evo right now instead
Same reason why i take advantage of using them since thier so close. The old shop they had was a 5 min walk from my house
Nice! So which one is getting driven more these, days, the B14 or the FXT? :biggrin:

S
The FXT since its more of a daily. I bought a b15 (sr20) really cheap for work so I don't rack up the miles like crazy or the forester would have like 20k

Nice gains!!! I’ll be following in your footsteps shortly. one question... why on cobb's website do they report a torque gain to 329lbs with just a downpipe & tune and you are getting 227?(this question is open to anyone that can answer it).. thanks

View attachment 23802
Not sure why, I don't think you'll get 100tq increase with just a dp and tune.
So AMS will tune with the COBB AccessPort now? I wasn't aware they did, but that's good to know.
Yes, they are a Cobb Dealer. The tuner had downloaded all the maps into the ap since it didn't come with any being it was the beta version. He said the the ap was the best option for tuning the forester. Very simalar to a stand alone is what he mentioned.

I know that back when Cobb first offered their AP for the new Foz lastyear, they said to NOT use a short ram or even a K&N drop in filter because it could / would cause it to run lean.
Is that still in the notes on the AP papers? If they have that resolved, I might just be ordering an AP this week. :biggrin:
Honestly I didn't see that. I was told to get a tune if your going to run some type of intake.

·
Registered
2010 XT 4eat
604 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
That's a pretty aggressive afr for a stock topmount. Lets hope your d range fuel trim doesn't go negative.
I'm not expert at tuning but I'll keep that in mind. The tuner said I would benefit from getting a larger tmic. He did a conservative daily driver tune. "I could of squaze more power out, but if you give too much, the engine could bite back " (in his own words). Chris has been tuning my cars for years with no issues so far. If anyone has any tmic advice then please share.

On another note for everyone, the Injector rates are only at 60% so there is plenty of fuel left.

·
Registered
2014 Forester XT auto-tragic
86 Posts
bumping up the dead!! So your the fozzy chris was talking about!! im the one that brings him here to hawaii and he has been wanting to tune my 09fxt for a while but once i start moding i cant stop and since its the wifes car i have been trying hard to stay away hahaha.....

i have a 2001 impreza 2.5rs that he has tuned for me and done a AWESOME job. last time he was here he was telling me about your car and how it was really responsive to the tune!

Aloha
Shaggy

·
Registered
2010 XT 4eat
604 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
bumping up the dead!! So your the fozzy chris was talking about!! im the one that brings him here to hawaii and he has been wanting to tune my 09fxt for a while but once i start moding i cant stop and since its the wifes car i have been trying hard to stay away hahaha.....

i have a 2001 impreza 2.5rs that he has tuned for me and done a AWESOME job. last time he was here he was telling me about your car and how it was really responsive to the tune!

Aloha
Shaggy
haha thanks for bringing back some life into my thread. Yea Chris is awsome. He's also tuned my 95 200sx se-r a few times in the past. Let us know what power you make. I plan to bring my fxt back to Chris later this year when I do my vf52 upgrade.

When Chris tunes your fxt, talk to him about this
http://www.subaruforester.org/vbulletin/f95/any-09-10-fxt-owners-running-cobb-stage-2-have-qs-82458/
Since the tuned I've notice a slight studder at 70mph. I was planning to giving him a call about this but been busy. Nice meetin you.

Here are some dyno Clips

·
Registered
2010 XT 4eat
604 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
"Before Tune w/mods 205.29whp 197.74tq"

Was that with the Cobb OTS tune? Stage2?
Thats just with the mods with no tune. I had the Cobb AP beta version so I didn' have any stages.

Even though the car made more power then stock with boltons, it felt slower then stock before the tune.

1 - 20 of 96 Posts