Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2010 Forester XT
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Trying to figure this out. From what I read on the internet, the 09/10 FXT use the "Legacy GT" turbo setup, with the intercooler bolting directly to the turbo.

The intercooler does bolt directly to the turbo on my car.

However, looking at a 2010 Legacy GT in the showroom, it did NOT have the turbo in the same place.

Looking at a 2010 Impreza GT, it looked like my car. They didn't have a WRX in stock and their STI's were sold waiting delivery so I didn't poke around.

Trying to figure this out, and a big THANK YOU SUBARU for putting 15 variations of turbo plumbing on all the models that you sell as 2.5L Turbo... :mob:

·
Registered
2010 Forester XT
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Follow-up semi related question- My intercooler has something that looks specifically like a BOV bolted into it. Is that actually a BOV, and if so, why, on an automatic?

·
Registered
none none
8,844 Posts
The 2010 LGT has an entirely new setup. The 05-09 LGT has the same setup as the 09+ fxt and the 08+ impreza gt.

All turbo subarus have a BPV. It recircs air when the throttle plate closes back to the intake tract before the turbo.

·
Registered
2010 Forester XT
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Cool, thanks.

So... Stuff for 2005-2009 LGT and 2008 WRX and 2008+ Impreza GT should fit, right?

Further question. Are all Subaru turbo UpPipes the same? Grimmspeed seems to imply as such, with listing 02-10 WRX, 04-10 FXT, etc. for this pipe. (add a www in front- I'm too newbie to post links)

grimmspeed.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=60_68_69_70&products_id=79&osCsid=po5fo37r2g4n0gmscrmok420e4

If the UPPipes are the same, are the headers the same?

I'm sure these are stupid questions, but I'm trying to wrap my head around what parts fit.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts