Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2010 Forester Touring
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys

I am completely new to this forum and must say: I am impressed! There is a wealth of information on this site and I love every minute of it.

I recently purchased a 2010 Subaru Forester Touring (Canada) in Newport Blue. I added a few features that I wanted (tweeters, rear bumper pad, block heater, etc). It is my 3rd Subaru and have been waiting for this car for a long time (no offense to my 2005 Impreza RS).

However, I am very frustrated. My front doors rattle. It seems that the rattling comes from within the door, near the controls. It rattles over small bumps, not even the large ones! The longer my drive (7 hours vs 15 minutes) the more I notice it. It seems if I re-close my door, things get better.

Has anybody else had this problem? If so, what is the cure?

Thank you in advance

-SwedishChef

·
Registered
2010 Forester(sold 11/12) Manual
49 Posts
Welcome to the forum. You'll find lots of good information here.

If you search on the rattle topic, you'll find lots of posts/information on the door rattles. It has been, unfortunately, a fairly active topic.

On my 2010, the rattle was only the right door but would drive me crazy (crazier?) on a trip. The dealer removed the door panel and tied down whatever was loose and it is quiet now. Quiet for a Forester, that is.

Please do use the search function. Best of luck...

·
Registered
2010 2.5X Premium
160 Posts
^^ I made my dealer do the baffle tech tip. They didn't want to do it at first because of course they couldn't replicated and then they made me take it for a drive with the mechanic and the bloody thing was quiet as can be again. But I insisted and they did go ahead and do it. That was a 150 miles, I'm nearing almost 3000 now and it's as quiet as can be. Actually it's the quietest car I've ever owned.

·
Registered
2010 Forester Touring
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys.

All the help is greatly appreciated......now to get it to a dealer and get it fixed!!!

It seems as though the quality of the vehicles went down slightly...anybody else agree?

Andrew

·
Registered
2010 x premium
2 Posts
Thanks for the info I'm having the same issue with my driver side door not too loud yet but annoying - considering I've had my new Subie for just over a week! I'm going to the dealer next Wed and hope to have it fixed!

·
Registered
2010 Forester 2.5x
9 Posts
I have had my 2010 since June. Door rattle is happening in both front doors. I hope my dealer will take care of it.

·
Registered
1998 Forester
950 Posts
basically, a plastic panel is rattling behind the door pnl, you add some tape onto it

1 - 8 of 8 Posts