Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2010 Subaru Forester XT
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I purchased my Forester in Aug of 2019. This was my second car purchase (my other car is a 2014 Crosstrek). I was so excited to find an XT in my price range and without a ton of miles, that I didn't take the proper steps to make sure I wasn't getting screwed by the dealer : (

Luckily when I took my newly purchased car to my local repair shop with a warranty, they were able to get about 9k of repairs covered by the warranty. I still had a pay about 2k out of pocket. Yeh, it was that bad. I don't even know what I would have done if the warranty hadn't come through.

My plan with the Fozzie was to have a vehicle for going MTBing, hiking, camping, and hauling around the dogs. I was hoping to upgrade off road capabilities and performance. I wanted something fun and (relatively) practical.

Initial Repairs:
rebuilt engine
new turbo
new timing and accessory belts
new AC compressor
crap ton of other stuff

Performance Upgrades:
Cobb accessport
Cobb downpipe

Off Road Upgrades:
KMC Bully Wheels
Primitive Racing 1" lift kit
King springs
KYB struts
BF Goodrich KO2 T/A 215/75 r15"

Misc Upgrades:
Curt trailer hitch
Curt 4 prong trailer wiring harness
LED hitch light
Kuat Transfer Hitch-Mounted Bike Rack
Headlight assembly
New brake calipers, rotors, and brake pads

·
Registered
2010 Subaru Forester XT
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
King Springs, KYB Struts, and T/A KO2 Tires:
I opted to go with the black springs rather than the traditional yellow. This photo is inside with wheel well with the 1" lift installed. Not super noticeable, but there if you know what you are looking for.

·
Registered
2010 Subaru Forester XT
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Headlight Assembly Swap:
Makes it look like a new car! I went with the black assembly instead of the chrome. Took about 30 minutes. I want to go all black, so sports grille and Plastidiping the chrome on the fog lights next.

·
Registered
2010 Subaru Forester XT
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Wheels and Tires before the lift:
This photo was taken right after I replaced the wheels and tires, but before the lift. In this state, I was getting a little rubbing with any sharp turn and a lot of rubbing at full lock. 1" helped, but still having the issue. With the bigger diameter of the tires I was expecting this to a certain degree. I think the offest of the KMC wheels might also be adding to the rubbing? They are 10mm vs the 38mm offset on the Method wheels (my original choice). This makes them poke out a bit further rather than being centered in the wheel well.

·
Registered
2010 Subaru Forester XT
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
What headlights are those!?!
I ordered them from CARiD:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts